This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
    I don't understand people like this. There's simply no need to get so shitty about a simple thing like that.

When I turned 21, I was pregnant with my second son, but went to the store and intentionally bought beer anyway just to get carded. I was so excited. I gave the beer to my (now ex) husband, but was just so jazzed to have finally crossed that milestone to be able to purchase it legally.

Nowadays I still get excited when I occasionally get carded, but only because I'm an old woman and I take it as a compliment.
    I remember when I turned 18 (legal age over here) and I went to a club on my birthday all excited.....bastards didnt card me, not even once!
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I can honestly say that I've never been IDed, not once. Not even back when I was thirteen and buying cigarettes, or fourteen and buying lager and going to see 18 films. I think it's cuz I'm tall and I developed a quite impressive bust at an early age.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Exactly. I don't remember every single person I've met in my life, and I'm sure if you asked these SCs, they wouldn't, either. Yet they kick up the biggest fuss about you not remembering them, because they are just sooooo wonderful and spectacular and memorable, how dare you even suggest that they're just part of the crowd!
        It's not even just the SCs, to be honest. There are plenty of good customers that fall into this trap as well. I don't really hold it against them; to them they had the time of their life when they were down here in Key West, and apparently had a quite memorable (to them) time at my bar. They just may not fully realize that what is amazing and memorable to them is just another day on the job to me. Etc., etc.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          Yeah what annoys me the most are the people who are just going to grab one thing (alcohol/cigs) so they just bring in what they're going to be paying with (a wad of bills/twenty/credit card) and nothing else.

Seriously? You know you're going into the store to buy an age restricted product yet you leave everything except payment in the car. Eff you.
          This. Even though I'm 40 now I ... the only time I go out without my ID is when I'm walking the dog. If I'm going out my ID is on me.

The only time I leave it behind in the car is if I don't have a good pocket & we're at the dog park. At all other times... if I'm out it's on me.

And that's just for going to any store... let alone getting age-restricted materials.

We're at the point now where my BF has stopped asking me "Did you bring your ID?" when we go to the base. As much as I forget shit... I don't forget that.

So yeah, I agree - there's no excuse for an mature adult to not have an ID on them if they plan to buy age-restricted material.

which reminds me... we have one wine store in the next state down that's interesting. they card for entry. most places card at purchase, but they just card when you come in. i was surprised but not upset and produced my ID of course.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            It's not even just the SCs, to be honest. There are plenty of good customers that fall into this trap as well. I don't really hold it against them; to them they had the time of their life when they were down here in Key West, and apparently had a quite memorable (to them) time at my bar. They just may not fully realize that what is amazing and memorable to them is just another day on the job to me. Etc., etc.
            IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
            I AGREE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRnVPlRzag
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Unfortunately Lace, that video has been blocked for people in the USA because NBC holds copyright on its content. :/
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

In that case, here's the text equivilent:

Chun Li: [to Bison] It was twenty years ago. You hadn't promoted yourself to general yet. You were just a petty drug lord. Huh! You and your gang of murderers gathered your small ounce of courage to raid across the border for food... weapons...
                [indicates her binds]
                Chun Li: ... hmph. Slave labor. My father was the village magistrate. A simple man with a simple code: justice. He gathered the few people that he could to stand against you.
                [laughs]
                Chun Li: You and your bullies were driven back by farmers with pitchforks! My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away! A hero... at a thousand paces.
                Bison: I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
                Chun Li: You don't remember?
                Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
                Is it bad that I really like that movie? xD
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Is it bad that I really like that movie? xD
                  Is it bad that I guessed exactly what scene (and trope) would be referenced?

Comment

Perhaps... depending on the person. XD
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

No, it's not bad to like the movie. It's got Kylie Minogue in it.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I actually referenced that scene (which I've never actually seen) when explaining to some tourists the other day why they remember me so well and I didn't have the vaguest idea who they were.

I told them about that scene and they found it hilarious.

"We were here last year, we had the greatest time with you!"

"For you, it was a great time at a great bar on a great vacation. For me, it was Tuesday."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X