This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more case of

THINK ahead and pay attention to what you are doing.

This being Janurary, a LOT of the retail stores are doing after hours end of year inventory. And as such they order food for the employees who are there for several hours after close.

Got a real winner tonight. A store at the local mall places an order. Nothing new about that. Order gets made and I get dispatched.

I arrive at the store about 10 minutes before closing time (the mall and the stores close around 6pm on Sundays). The store manager gives me a REALLY dirty look and walks over. She starts kinda bitchin that she wanted the order at 9PM. She claims that she was quite specific about that time. (Now I know we have some new people but the CSRs name clues me that this is a "Vet" employee). The Manger keeps bitchin and complaining. The only thing I can do is call the store to let them know about the situation and since the order was paid for by CC, the only real solution is to just take the order back to the store, then remake it at the appropreiate time without voiding the CC.

When I arrive back at the store, I find out the FULL story on this "wonderful" order.

It seems that AFTER the Manager placed the order (they did NOT at this time specify a time of delivery) called the store back after about 20-25 minutes and wanted to NOW put of the delivery AT a specific time. NOW the problem was was that I had already been dispatched on the order.

Yeah thanks for wasting my time.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

so pretty much they didn't have their shit straight and it cost your company in loss of materials - assuming you had to bring it back.

Comment

I always hated that at DaddyJim's -- places failing to give us a specific time were very rare (tho it was, of course, always OUR fault somehow), but people who were given a 40-minute delivery time (meaning, it left the store by 25 mins after ordering) would call us at 30-35 mins after and be surprised when we told them the food had already left the store. Fortunately, most people would understand that this meant it was impossible to totally change the toppings, add drinks, etc, tho some would seem to be unable to process this concept. Driver losing sales/commish/tips because of this equals MAD DRIVER
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

In cases like this, the store needs to tell the customer "You should have specified a time when you placed the order - since you didn't, we treated it as a normal ASAP order, and the delivery driver is already on his way. It's too late to specify a delivery time."

If they turn away the pizza because "the store sent it too early for the delivery appointment", don't waste material re-making it - keep it warm, and when 9:00 rolls around, send them their "dead" pizza.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X