This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You were overcharged two products....

and couldn't get back until after 90 days?

Oh, the imaginary person said you could come back whenever and we would take it off because you were overcharged. Okay, even if he did say that did you think he meant three months later?

You don't drive, neither do I, cabs cost between $5 and $10 (yes, a flat rate set by the towns. I took a cab to the hospital four towns over for $10) depending on what town you are going to. You could have used the bus ($2 for the entire route of the bus 50 cents for a transfer to ride another bus the entire route) and you couldn't get here in less than 90 days?

They changed the bus route, No they didn't.

If you want as a customer you will just believe me and take it off. Nope NOTHING HAPPENING BECAUSE IF IT REALLY MATTER TO YOU, YOU WOULD HAVE BROUGHT THE MATTER TO OUR ATTENTION WHEN IT HAPPENED!
    Last edited by Titi; 01-28-2013, 04:37 AM.

I don't get those types. I get people who don't bother trying on their clothes, at least pluging in whatever they bought just to make sure it works, and then a year later come crying for their money back.
    The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
      ...cabs cost between $5 and $10 (yes, a flat rate set by the towns. I took a cab to the hospital four towns over for $10) depending on what town you are going to.

Tell me where you live so I never, ever work there as a cab driver!
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth starsinthesky View Post
        I don't get those types. I get people who don't bother trying on their clothes, at least pluging in whatever they bought just to make sure it works, and then a year later come crying for their money back.
        the real reason, i suspect, is that they ended up needing the cash and so they are trying to "return" clothes... cos the pawn shop won't pay them much for their stuff.

Comment

Sadly, foodservice SC's do this, too...

SC: "Hey, I ordered a pizza three weeks ago and it didn't have any olives on it. I want a free pizza this time."

Sadly, if they complain about it to Corporate, chances are they'll have half a dozen free cards ("free pizza with anything on it" coupons) in the mail a few days later >_< No, they don't even check to see if they custy actually asked for olives on that order, let alone PLACED an order on the date in question...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

When I worked at the pet store, I once had an SC who tried to get a return on a bird cage... about five years after she'd bought it. My guess was that her budgie had died so she wanted the money back for the cage. It didn't happen cuz the return window runs out way before five years have passed. But honestly? Who the hell is stupid enough to think that you're gonna get away with that?
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Her, apparently

Or she seems to not understand the subtle but important distinction between buying and renting, a lot of folks think they can return something they don't "need" anymore and the store is duty-bound to take it back.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Yeah, she thought that cuz she had the receipt, I had no choice but to do the return. Yeah, right.
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post

Tell me where you live so I never, ever work there as a cab driver!
                  Actually there are so many people that do not drive in this area that the cab drivers do great business, even with the restrictions. There are at least 12 different cab companies and most of the drivers are owner/operators. I only call a cab when I am at home or the library, because they do not frequent those places, other than that it is often that a cab is outside the place you are shopping.
                  I once saw a lady take a cab from my store to another store in the marketplace it wasn't even that far (it would be like walking 2 small blocks. ) I can understand if she had heavy bags (she had no bags) or had a problem walking (she is a regular who feels the need to tell us everything so I know she doesn't.) or even if it was bad weather (the weather was great, unseasonably warm 70 degrees in December).

Another one I did NOT want to take a cab home. My kids and I had walked to Gamestop and it was a beautiful day. I wanted to walk home, they wanted to take a cab, so I told them if there is a cab waiting outside of Gamestop then we would take a cab. Guess who lost, and it STILL is the only time we have EVER found a cab waiting outside of Gamestop.

Comment

Titi, just curious: Does the town pay the balance between the charged fare and what would have been the normal fare to the cab companies/cabbies? If not, I can't imagine people staying on the job as cabbies for very long >_>
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                      (I took a cab to the hospital four towns over for $10)

Up here, the RELIABLE cab service costs $7.50 to go one-way to the store - 3 miles. There IS another cab company (Government subsidized) that only charges 3.00, but trying to call THEM is impossible - they either do not answer, or you get forwarded to their main office 160 miles away where they are so stupid that they can't understand the words ''I am in [my city] and need a cab''.

AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH, I'm so sick of the incompetence up here.

Comment

I don't know, but I guess they do something due to the sheer number of cabs and companies that have lasted the entire 6 years I have lived here and the new ones that have come up in the last couple of years. It could also be the fact that we have people like the lady I mentioned in my last post who will take a cab and pay $5 to go a block. The buses have a flat rate as well, you can ride an entire route (which span the county), for $2 ( 50 cents more if you want a transfer to another bus), or I can get a commuter bus into NYC for $9.10.

When I moved here 6 years ago it was $4 and $8. It could be because we have a very large orthodox jew population in this area, and many wives do not drive. I love the look on their faces when they try to use that as a reason for not being able to come in earlier for a return and I say "neither do I, but I made it to work."
                        Last edited by Titi; 01-30-2013, 04:20 AM.

Comment

There's an Axis (fake name) green cab company in my city. They're fairly reliable, $2.85 to start and I think 80c per 1/8 mile after that.

Our local bus service charges you $2 flat rate.
                          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Sadly, foodservice SC's do this, too...

SC: "Hey, I ordered a pizza three weeks ago and it didn't have any olives on it. I want a free pizza this time."

Sadly, if they complain about it to Corporate, chances are they'll have half a dozen free cards ("free pizza with anything on it" coupons) in the mail a few days later >_< No, they don't even check to see if they custy actually asked for olives on that order, let alone PLACED an order on the date in question...
                            When a customer uses one of those cards, does the store get reimbursed by corporate, or are they expected to "eat" corporate's largesse? If the latter, too bad those coupons couldn't be mistaken for fraudulent "get product free" coupons at the store level.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie -- The latter. Presumably, they get written off as losses, or else ignored completely aside from their presence on the daily coupon reports. In other words, they count against the store's daily sales, even if Corporate (or, more often, District) issued them.

Aaaaaaand speaking of free cards...I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but a store which I may or may not have worked at back in the 90's once did the "Doomsday free card/free card of death"...Long story short: Franchise guy printed up a hundred cards that showed our company logo, offering any size pizza, any number of toppings, totally for free...Along with the words "Not good at any <our company> location". He then passed them out in the neighborhood.

Ya see, our main competitor had this "no questions asked" policy when it came to accepting competitor coupons Thus, they HAD to honor these free cards, even though it was blatantly obvious what they were. Once <competitor>'s Franchise guy/DM saw them, he rang our guy up on his cell and called him an asshole ^_^ And good times were had by all.
                              Last edited by EricKei; 01-30-2013, 06:36 PM. Reason: elaboration

Comment

Working...
                              X