This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got in from my first overnight shift

Ugh. Well, the good news is that I am scheduled 40 hours this week. The bad news is that I have to spend this week working overnights setting up the dreaded Christmas displays. Yes, the wonderful Christmas displays. It gets earlier and earlier every year.
    Anyway, It's 6:15am and I just got in. I am not really tired, but my body doesn't know what time it is. I'm a bit disoriented. Yesterday (Sunday night?) I stayed up until 6:00am, trying to get adjusted to this new schedule.

Now for the kicker- Friday night I am scheduled from 9pm-6am. Saturday, I am on the schedule at 6:45 am. That gives me 45 min. until my next shift.
    I got to get that changed!
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

I thought that it was accepted policy, if not an actual law, that states that an employee must have at least 8 hours in between shifts. Or maybe that just applies to truckers, train personnel, and airport employees...
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

No, it's 8 hours.

I caught my mgr doing that one time...

He fixed it, he was fair. Better call ASAP so they can sched another human for the shift.

Sleep, Morpheus, our lovable friend.

Cute
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
      X