Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admit to having (ab)used the raincheck system on occasion. Most memorable was when my air drill (1/2" Husky, bought as clearance of a discontinued model around a year earlier, but with lifetime warranty) was in for repairs. I didn't know if it would be repairable, and Canadian Tire had a 1/2" Ingersoll Rand on sale for half off (had a limited warranty, I think it was one year). Naturally, my first choice was to get the repaired Husky back (due to lifetime warranty vs. limited), but this may not have been possible, and I wouldn't find out until the sale was over.

How did I handle this? Went to the Canadian Tire website, and did a stock lookup on the on-sale drill at nearby stores. Then I went to the only one nearby that the website showed as OUT OF STOCK, and asked to buy the drill. Naturally, they weren't able to find stock, and issued a raincheck (they offered to look up other stores nearby that had stock, but due to my motives I "was in a hurry and didn't have time to go to another store"). Turns out the Husky was repairable, so I never used the raincheck. I figured getting a raincheck as "insurance" was better than buying the drill and trying to return it if it turned out the Husky was repariable.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I have asked for rainchecks at local supermarket because whenever there is something going on a good sale, they never stock it.

Sadly, it is pretty well known here in Squirrel City that if something will be on sale, Item will not be stocked until the following week.
      You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Working...
      X