This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired

Thursday. Since I work Saturday, Thursday is my day off. Yay Thursday.

Friday. Payday. The Friday before a holiday when the bank is closed. So, of course, management decides to schedule a before-work meeting. And we are slammed all day, with customers still waiting to be seen after close (we try to keep anyone from signing in right before close, but they'd all been waiting a while).

Result: I work 8 to 8. And I know, I know, I know I need to get to my voice-mails. I was off on Thursday. And I did get to a few. But it had been 12 hours, I still needed to get my kids from their grandma's and get them to bed, already late since their bedtime is 7:30. So, checked a couple voice-mails, but not all.

Saturday. I KNOW it's going to be busy again. Try my best to get to my voice-mails first thing. And of course, there's a pissed off customer who called on Thursday (after I'd TOLD him it was my day off). And of course, he's going out of town Thursday night, so needs me to contact him RIGHT AWAY. *sigh* Not looking forward to that conversation once I manage to get ahold of him. Several other callers I play phone tag with. But still can't get to all the calls because once the doors are open, we're busy again. So it's take a customer, call back a customer, take a customer, call back a customer. Until the inside wait gets too long, and I just can't risk a long phone call when the in-person wait is 45 minutes long. By the time we close at 1, the wait is up to an hour... and there are people who've been waiting that long still waiting. So, working after close again. My co-workers and I get the last customers, then I finally get to the last of my voicemails.

By which point I have a repeat call from one of the customers who called on Friday, who I do call back, but with whom I get disconnected again, which happens EVERY time I actually get a hold of him. Grrrr... Not his fault, but seriously, you're going to get mad at me for availability when your phone is the one that keeps crapping out?

Thank goodness I only had to deal with my personal voice-mails this time around, the branch messages being assigned to co-workers. And no, I did NOT verify if they actually got them done.

So glad for a two-day weekend.
Working...
X