Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You won't let me do what other people let me do!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You won't let me do what other people let me do!

Customer came into store while I was checking. She had a movie to buy and a video to rent.

When she gave me the name of the person who the rental account is under, it came up and said no rentals allowed, and her name was not on the account. So, she paid for the one movie and went to call her brother. Came back into line, gave me another name, and the account came up with no rentals allowed EVER and her name was not on it. I explained that without her name on the account, I could not rent to her. She told me I didn't know what I was doing, and that she had rented at this location ALL the time without a problem.

Gave me one more name, yup, her name is not on the account. She told me that she would have the customer call me and add her, and I explained that you could only add someone in person because of fraud. Cue catbutt face. Of course, she has done this all the time, and no one EVER asked her for ID or told her she had to be on the account, why was I being so difficult!

I explained again, two accounts with no rentals allowed and the final account without her name meant that she could not rent unless she opened her own account. She has no time for this! Can't I see she's pregnant and tired and all she wants to do is rent this video? Well, yup I can see she's pregnant, but no go on the rental.

She came back in and asked for my manager. Manager told her same thing..so she opened an account for the rental.
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

For somebody who was tired, she was sure prepared to stand there arguing for a long time ...

Comment

Gee. I wonder why those first two accounts aren't allowed rentals anymore.....

Comment

So glad I don't have to deal with video rentals anymore myself. I never had that issue cause I know how to maintain my accounts lol but still it's nice to not have to deal with it at all.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That's odd, since I've never been asked for ID (or even to confirm the name on the account). I used my little keychain tag to start the transaction and then paid by debit card and went on my merry way.

Of course, I *had* the little keychain tag and my account was always up to date (I'd never been banned from renting), so maybe they didn't care who was using the account so long as it was paid up.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
            Of course, I *had* the little keychain tag and my account was always up to date
            I don't rent often, and I'm famous for never having my card with me, so I always have to show ID.

What do you bet SC doesn't return the movie and then claims SHE never rented it in the first place?
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Movie rental places like Blockbuster usually require either your member card or your ID

Comment

At Family Video (not sure how far that place branches out, but there's quite a few here in good old Cheeselandia) you only have to give your phone #. If you go there often enough, the people there already know it
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  At Family Video (not sure how far that place branches out, but there's quite a few here in good old Cheeselandia) you only have to give your phone #. If you go there often enough, the people there already know it
                  Yeah, I use them too and they know us well. We have the 1/2 price plan and have had it forever.

We also have the key chain fob, and if you have that with you, no worries. But when you come up and try three different accounts, none of which have your name, then yes, I'm gonna question you on it. She was so insistent that I made a mistake that the manager checked again, and told her that not only had I NOT made a mistake, but that manager wanted the name of the reps who had rented to her before as they were going to get written up.
                  Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

i love FV. They now know hubby and I, but when we first signed up, hubby couldn't remember my phone number (Yes DUH...He could have looked at his phone)
                    But they called me and verified it was him. I REALLY appreciated that.
                    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

I am so glad they've stayed in business despite Redbox and Netflix. They were only blocks away from my apartment. Now all I can do is do Redbox, so I miss going there very much.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We don't have any video stores anymore. Redbox and netflix have killed them all. And we had this swell local rental place--they not only knew us on sight and would give awesome recommendations, they knew my gf's parents and would ask about the whole family. I miss them

Now I have to plan ahead and make sure I've got good library movies lined up. *sigh*

Comment

Quoth TechieGirl87 View Post
                          Movie rental places like Blockbuster usually require either your member card or your ID
                          yeah. i gave my BF my old BB card but ... they stopped taking it apparently. i mean the account's still good, but the card was for a premium account or something like that and they don't offer that service anymore.

still they could tell the account number and saw his name was on my account so they let him rent.

wonder if i'll have to get him a card for my account then. we don't rent a lot so there's no reason to have 2 accounts tho i guess he can do that too.

Comment

Working...
                          X