This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAH HECK NO!

So I recently moved jobs to work on a phone support. I basically look after the Home Furniture part of the company since in my previous job I made a lot of contacts in a finance company that the new job uses.

A lot of our furniture is bought with a deposit to secure the stock then you pay it on finance or before or on delivery in full - but of course there are a few SC's everywhere.

BUT IT DOESN'T WORK

Customer phoned up to say their current fridge was not working. OK we sent out a repair engineer. Engineer confirms repair does not work. Cust wants to purchase the better model and as such needs to pay more to deposit to secure stock.

This customer would not get in touch to pay the deposit for SIX weeks so I go in and call him.

Me: Hi there it seems from our records that you haven't yet been in to your local store to pay the balance of your deposit, when can we expect you?
    SC: I'll be in today.
    Me: Great! I do need to forewarn you that if you don't come in today we will have to cancel this new order though and repair your old fridge since we can no longer keep the stock on hold for you to reserve
    SC: BUT MY CAR HAS BLOWN UP SO I CANT MAKE IT
    Me: I understand that sir but you have had at least six weeks to..
    SC: BUT I'VE HAD THE FLU... (yeah right)
    Me: Sorry sir its not something we can change, but if you come in today it's nothing to worry about.
    SC: Fine.

He never came in, then phoned the day after to say he will be sticking with the current fridge and could we come repair it.

THAT'S JUST RUDE

So this is sort of the same issue but better. Cust left the local store without paying a full deposit, which is fine we just don't process the order till we get the full money.

This customer isn't suck so much as rude but I am totally the wrong person to be rude to, I have the grudge holding skills of a girlfriend in an argument...believe me.

So anyways for about 8 weeks we tried to call the customer, all the time phones would ring out or not get answered or the customer was never there, when other colleagues did get through they would just hang up. So the call was escalated to me.

I phone up the number for the house, female rings and says male is not there, get him on mobile. No goodbye or anything just "ON MOBILE." phone down. Already this smells fishy.

Still I phone customers mobile and low and behold he answers! Here is how the conversation goes.

Me: Hello can I speak to Mr. Ignorantass please?
    SC: Speaking
    Me: I'm calling from *company name* can I take your first name please
    *Hangs Up*

AAAAH HEELLL NAH.

I phoned back. Rings once and goes to voicemail. He's ignoring me....
    Last edited by iradney; 01-14-2013, 04:32 AM.

Well I guess Mr. Ignorantass ain't getting his fridge then is he?
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
      Well I guess Mr. Ignorantass ain't getting his fridge then is he?
      Or his deposit it seems. We are usually pretty generous and will give a good chunk of your deposit back if you cancel but we can't get through to the SC to arrange anything including which details he would like us to refund the money to.

Sup has said that if he doesn't respond to our letter we get a staff night out in a swanky restaurant...on him (SC)!

Comment

Quoth cono1717 View Post
        Or his deposit it seems. We are usually pretty generous and will give a good chunk of your deposit back if you cancel but we can't get through to the SC to arrange anything including which details he would like us to refund the money to.

Sup has said that if he doesn't respond to our letter we get a staff night out in a swanky restaurant...on him (SC)!
        perhaps you should leave a message that says "THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FREE MONEY!" or something...?
        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
        -Unknown Author

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
          perhaps you should leave a message that says "THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE FREE MONEY!" or something...?
          'We'd just like to thank you for your donation to the Staff Appreciation Day Party. We thought it would be just chips and soda, but thanks to you, we will all get an actual full meal. We really appreciate your thoughtfulness'

Within a few hours he'll be calling demanding his deposit back. or finally paying the rest.

Comment

We enjoyed our lovely meal. I don't think anyone remembers any of it....#sorehead.

I am just waiting for the phone call where he demands it back 6months down the line. Or calls us to tell us we didn't deliver the goods.

Watch this space.

Comment

Working...
            X