Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cold, so, very...... very..... . c-c-c-cold!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 degrees in Wisconsin is shorts flip flops and tank weather!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      DB - "Whatever, guess you'll hear from my lawyer, because you gave me hypothermia!"
      My response to 'tards like this is to simply laugh in their face. LOUDLY.

Comment

Quoth Opalin View Post
        still, if they take that long leaving, isn't there anything you can do?
        I was thinking something along the lines of a sharp rap on the window and a "Hey. I'm shutting the gate. If you're not on the other side of it, it's gonna be another $50.00 for another day of impound..."

Comment

We hit 10C here over the weekend, and I was seriously considering having a BBQ; but I didn't in the end.

Now we're -10C and snowing, 5cm coming today, and this is normal (and just a 'light dusting')

A week ago back, we were -22C which made waiting for the bus funner. For me, since it's just a 5-10 minute wait most of the time, it means my winter jacket, gloves, toque and scarf... and my winter jacket just has a lining, it isn't a ski jacket or anything. Then again, my blood is thick enough that I tend to overheat in summers, not freeze in winter.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            50 degrees in Wisconsin is shorts flip flops and tank weather!
            Same here in Chicagoland. That SC is the weather weenine's weather weanie.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If you got hypothermia, I feel bad for you son.
              I got 99 problems, but the cold ain't one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Got down to -8 F last night. And that's without the windchill.

It gets up to 50, and we're opening the windows to air out the house!
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

We aired out our house in Columbus, Ohio when it was -10, January 1962... This had absolutely nothing to do with our Alchemist, Junior Grade synthesizing hydrogen sulfide in the basement. Nothing, I tell you!
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    We aired out our house in Columbus, Ohio when it was -10, January 1962... This had absolutely nothing to do with our Alchemist, Junior Grade synthesizing hydrogen sulfide in the basement. Nothing, I tell you!
                    I believe you...How much for the bridge?
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Arga, is there a chance you could set a time limit for leaving the lot, in the same way that paid car-parks do? i.e. after you've paid, you have five minutes to leave the lot or shut the gate again and they have to pay for you to reopen it?
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                        Arga, is there a chance you could set a time limit for leaving the lot, in the same way that paid car-parks do? i.e. after you've paid, you have five minutes to leave the lot or shut the gate again and they have to pay for you to reopen it?
                        Unfortunately no, it has to do with the whole prices-set-by-ordinance law, once they pay their $115, they have to be allowed to leave.

Now, if they drag their feet, I can call the cops for trespassing (after you pay, you have no legal reason to stay around) but, that's just what they WANT you to do, so I usually just fill out some paperwork, move some tires around, pick my nose , anything really to show them that I don't really give a flip and they leave when they realize I don't care, but these nitwits really got under my skin, I usually don't have to threaten anyone.

Usually
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

is that a story i smell?

Comment

He could have gotten hypothermia, you don't know! Maybe he had a slushie tucked in his underwear.

Actually I have a friend who got to treat hypothermia nearly every summer in 100 degree whether.

He was the head medic at RenFaire, you see. And, as previously mentioned, in often got to 100 degrees or more, with participants wearing things that weren't at all designed for those temperatures (as Elizabethan England was during the little ice age). So every year at least one person would decide 'I'm frikking hot! Let's dump a shit-ton of ice on me!' (or their friends). Body temperature plummets and the medic has to run around seeing if anybody has warm water while we look at him like he's crazy.
                            Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

Hehe, he dosn't want to die of hypothermia? Send him here! We have a nice steady midday temperature of 45

45 Celcius, that is. See if he likes heatstroke instead.

Comment

Now if he wants Hypothermia, he can come to my city. We started this morning at -19C, and it's currently (just after dawn) -20C. About -25ish with the windchill as well.

Of course we're going up to around +6 on Sunday it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X