Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Cold, so, very...... very..... . c-c-c-cold!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had 82 F yesterday. (-28 C) Now it's warming up, today is 62 F. Today was okay, but I have to admit, yesterday was a bit too cold to be out without cloves and hat...

Comment

Well, there *is* one traditionally warm place we can recommend to him...

...oh wait, the weather app says that it's currently -8°C in Hell.

That's Hell, near Trondheim, Norway, mind you.

Comment

Auckland is currently enjoying mid-late summer weather, and 23-26 C highs. Just nice.
        Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
        It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          DB -"You should have a heated waiting room or something, it's cold out there and my nose is running!"
          His nose was running - too bad his brain wasn't.

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          Send this jackass up to my old stomping grounds in Minneapolis Minnesota.

As of the time of this reply it's 9 degrees above zero actual and zero degrees with the windchill.
          When you said "zero actual", my first thought was that you were talking about zero degrees Kelvin. Didn't think anywhere in Minnesota got that cold.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            His nose was running - too bad his brain wasn't.

When you said "zero actual", my first thought was that you were talking about zero degrees Kelvin. Didn't think anywhere in Minnesota got that cold.
            well they *are* touching Canada...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              well they *are* touching Canada...
              The only places in Canada that would get that cold are in research labs. At 9 degrees Kelvin, you'd be shovelling oxygen and nitrogen off your porch, and (I believe - haven't seen the docs in years) hydrogen would be a liquid. Helium 3 (don't know about the more common Helium 4) would still be a gas. On the Kelvin scale, you CAN'T go below zero - because its zero point is defined as absolute zero.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
              X