This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not breaking food safety rules for you

I saw this SC go complain about me. I don't know what she said, as no one has come to me with it yet. She wanted a plastic bag for her food item to go. I've been told twice that we can't have those--or anything from the front lanes back here due to food safety reasons. If that's incorrect, no one has told me. I told her exactly that and her response was "I know you have them back there." I repeated myself with an "I'm sorry" and she went and complained. I could see her animated anger. Ugh--hate being argued with.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

What kind of place do you work? Do you sell prepared food at a grocery store or something?

I'd imagine that if you were allowed to give plastic bags out for food to go, the managment would've given them to you and nobody would have said anything to you that was contrary to that.

Comment

I work in a retail store that does sell prepared food.

Comment

I've never come across a store with a food area like that where they didn't have plastic bags. That's a strange one for me.

Of course, different areas have different rules. It's not your fault that someone else dictated that you can't have plastic bags.

Comment

I'd have asked her what department she works in since she KNOW you have them back there.

Comment

^ I know, right? I actually did, because my coworkers insist on doing whatever they want. I'm angry that I've been accused of lying. I never said we didn't have them. I said we were not supposed to have them back there. All she needed to do was accept that she wasn't going to get her way. But we all know that won't happen. And, for the record, not a single word was said to me, because even though the managers have no idea what goes on back there, they know I generally do.

Comment

Working...
            X