Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Thoughts ...?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:30 PM
Area Manager

Default Thoughts ...?

I am getting over what I think was a case of the flu. I've got a couple of OTC meds (recommended by the pharmacist) and I was wondering -- should I continue to take them for another day or two? They are basic fever/pain/flu meds. I am MUCH better today but still not 100% (I called in to work sick for the second consecutive day to give myself a bit more time to recover).

I know with antibiotics you are supposed to take them until the prescription's gone, but as I said, these are OTC meds. I've never been sure when to stop taking them.

I do know that nobody here is a doctor nor plays one on television.

Old 09-29-2019, 08:59 PM
Area Manager

What meds are they? I'd say keep taking them unless the side-effects are annoying.

Old 09-29-2019, 10:05 PM
Cashier

You must take all of the antibiotics or antivirals because they kill germs. You will start to feel better, but there are still germs. You must keep taking the antibiotics and antivirals to kill the rest of the germs off. If you stop taking those early you can help create super bugs that are resistant to the meds.

The OTC meds your pharmacist recommended treat the symptoms while the illness runs it course and your body kills the germs. You don't have to finish the whole bottle. If you are taking a couple of doses a day start by stopping the daytime doses. That way if the symptoms start back you can take a dose. I often find I need the night time doses longer than the daytime because laying down to sleep increases my congestion.

Edit to add left out a word.