Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By that disabled guys reasoning then a hospital couldn't turn away a person with only a high school education who wants to apply for a nurse or doctors position. If you are still worried or if something like this happens again, just do the interview and simply say, "We'll get back to you." Then just not hire the person. No harm no foul.

Quoth sms001 View Post
    Could be he's just trying to fill a "looking for work" quota for some sort of assistance also, and never wanted the job.

^^This.^^

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      The reason he was unable to do so was because he was color blind and could not distinguish between the 19 different colored wires that were involved in the installation of the lights. /snip.
      But that's a different situation, wires can (and in some industries _are_) patterned so issues with colours does not stop people correctly wiring up plugs etc.

Installing a stairlift into every private home that needs a salesman is not practical.
      Part of my job involves 'lifetime homes' ( http://www.lifetimehomes.org.uk/ ) but even then, that's new homes only, and only requires the entrance level livingroom and bathroom to be accessible, not other areas in the home.

Comment

On the elevator thing, he's likely right, except for one thing, existing buildings get grandfathered in. You might be required to add one if you did major remodeling, but short of that, you're fine.
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          *snip*

A complete rewrite of the job description is NOT 'reasonable accommodation'.

*snip*
          This. The guy was just being a jerk. On the basis of his complaint, I wanna sue for discrimination because I am so nearsighted I must put on my glasses when I get up and don't take them off again until I go back to bed (I also have astigmatism) but I want to pilot a 747 with a couple of hundred people on it. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

Working...
          X