This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm quitting.

I'm officially done with that hell-hole of a restaurant. I can't deal with my manager hiring heroin addicts that shoot up in the bathroom during lunch/dinner rush, I can't deal with people that scratch their bare ass with their gloves on and refuse to change them. I'm not putting up with a shitty manager who just told me and the other college students to drop out of school. I hate the fact that the roof is so unsafe and saggy(yes it sags) that it could collapse on everyone without warning. I'm tired of answering the phone and getting asked when the assistant mgr is going to pay his dealer. Fuck that place I'm done.

Sorry for the rant. I really needed to get that off my chest.

Call OSHA on your way out.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I believe the day shift manager did. He is close to done also.

Comment

It's ridiculous. I feel sorry for the customers because of the butt-wiping thing. And lives are at risk because of that roof. A collapse could kill people.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Call OSHA on your way out.
          No kidding. There are so many violations the fines could bankrupt the company. But they'd totally deserve it since they're that lackadaisical about other people's safety and not breaking the law.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If the overall maintenance is that bad, then I'd be wary of gas stoves, fryers, supposedly-sharp blades, loose safety guards (or just plain missing ones)....

Get out before you're injured.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Well, I just put in my notice. The day shift manager has apparently taken some pictures of the roof along with the wall that is partially caved in. I could make a huge list of all the things that are dangerous with that building.

There is a gas leak in the fryer. i thought it was fixed last year. We came in and we could hear it hissing.

The grill leaks. Something in it isn't sealed.

We just got a critical at a health inspection for the coolers not being the right temp. The doors on two of them fell off in the middle of a rush.

The wiring in the whole building is messed up. We've had walls catch on fire at random. There are loose wires hanging out if the ceiling. They didn't bother fixing that until one of them exploded next to a woman's head. She quit that day.

When the night manager unplugged the grill cooler ( where we keep hamburger) he got electrocuted so bad he had chest pains. I took him to the hospital.

I really really wish I was making this up. Has anybody else worked at a place this bad?

Comment

Go wage!
                Not even gonna give you the usual "Line up another job..." business. That place sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Health department, labour bureau, OSHA, newspaper, etc. Call 'em all.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  Go wage!
                  Not even gonna give you the usual "Line up another job..." business. That place sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Health department, labour bureau, OSHA, newspaper, etc. Call 'em all.
                  This. Very very much this.

Warn everyone you can think of about the problems with that place, before it ends up blowing up and collapsing on itself while customers are getting sick on spoiled or contaminated food.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Ass plague-food poisoning.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Why hasn't this place been shut down already?!?!?

Comment

Either the place is off the radar by dumb luck or bribery.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

You know what? Don't even work out your two weeks. Get out NAO before you're crushed by a falling wall/roof, or incinerated in a fire.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Take pics, lots of them, show the scorch spots, ceiling sag, roof sag, exposed wires, picture and write a list. I did that once - straight to OSHA after I got fired. They got inspected like all fuck. Write down I Do Not Feel Safe; any way to prove the junkies shooting up (needle loose transmit disease), get pic of that?
                            And leave right after you take the pics, next day go straight to OSHA.
                            In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                            She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

The junkies may be leaving their needles in the bathroom, or stashes as well. Pictures are your friend here, as others have said.
                              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
                              X