This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Why hasn't this place been shut down already?!?!?
    The owner has a LOT of money. He usually pays the health dept inspector....

If I go to OSHA will they tell the owner I called. The owner is huge in the community. I don't want it coming back on me or my family.

Comment

Quoth WageSlave View Post

If I go to OSHA will they tell the owner I called. The owner is huge in the community. I don't want it coming back on me or my family.
      Can you do it anonymously? Sign it "A concerned customer" or something like that?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Good for you! The place sounds dangerous in so many ways ...

Hopefully one day this will come back to bite the health inspector in the butt.

'
        Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        You know what? Don't even work out your two weeks. Get out NAO before you're crushed by a falling wall/roof, or incinerated in a fire.
        Agreed. Call in sick every single day for the next two weeks!

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          Either the place is off the radar by dumb luck or bribery.
          If they can afford bribes, why the hell can't they put that money into fixing the place up?! That makes no sense at all.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            If they can afford bribes, why the hell can't they put that money into fixing the place up?! That makes no sense at all.
            He also just built a huge beach house. He honestly doesn't want to spent the money on the restaurant. He and his wife just want to buy things for themselves. We had to fight for a 10 cent raise last month and it was the first time he had given a raise in about 6 years. People's pay increase only when the minimum wage went up.

Comment

You still have to find some way to report this. Because inevitably someone will get sick, possibly die...and no one wants that.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

What I'm also afraid of is the possibility that a high worker could assault someone.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
                  What I'm also afraid of is the possibility that a high worker could assault someone.
                  I wouldn't worry about high ones. Maybe strung out lol.

But definitely don't need that if in fact that's what's going on.

Comment

https://www.osha.gov/as/opa/worker/complain.html

OSHA has confidentiality rules just like almost any other government agency. Calling OSHA isn't like calling the local health department. When you call, make sure that you explain to whoever you talk to that you are afraid that the owner will some how find out that you did this and that there will be repercussions that may effect you or your family.

If you look at the top left side there is a option about how to file your complaint. I would suggest that you call because if the ceiling is going to fall in then that would be immediate and could be life threatening.

Comment

OSHA never tells. That would be a breach on them. They only get your information so they can follow up with you that everything has been addressed to your satisfaction.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

As mentioned before, OSHA is completely confidential. The Feds don't give two fucks about his status in the community.

He also just built a huge beach house. He honestly doesn't want to spent the money on the restaurant. He and his wife just want to buy things for themselves. We had to fight for a 10 cent raise last month and it was the first time he had given a raise in about 6 years. People's pay increase only when the minimum wage went up.
                        And now the conspiratorial part of me is wondering if this restaurant is just a front for money laundering or something.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Back in the '90's I sent in a batch of photographs showing bad wiring and other unsafe conditions, anonymously, of course.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

omg, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, literally!!!

You're lucky you haven't been hurt yet, so don't push it, get the heck outta there! I agree with the others: you need to report this crap to OSHA, that place is a death trap! eeeeeek!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              It's ridiculous. I feel sorry for the customers because of the butt-wiping thing. And lives are at risk because of that roof. A collapse could kill people.
                              Not to mention things happening from the people that are high on heroin too.
                              If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                Can you do it anonymously? Sign it "A concerned customer" or something like that?
                                I'm pretty sure if OHSA is called your info is kept anonymous.
                                If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Working...
                                X