This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I get a potential payrise and promotion

So I ended up out at one of my schools yesterday with bosslady. That was my last day on a permanent basis with that school, but the bosslady plans on using me in the future if needed.

During the afternoons when I'm there, the kids go through a government program that keeps them engaged for about an hour or so. This at the moment involves a ton of PE games set to music. Usually my job during that time is to make observations on one of the students so we can work out his behaviour and triggers and to also facilitate any first aid and whatnot.

Well, yesterday we also had the area bossman down, who is this big teddy of a guy. I love him as he treats you like an equal. They were chatting for a while, then the area bossman asks me where I live. I tell him I'm close by. He then asks me if I'm willing to take over for bosslady as she's not feeling well.

Me: .

I then ask him if this is OK. He tells me that he's giving me the OK to do so for that day, as I know the kids and my degree gives me the OK. He then asks about my studies and I tell him that I'm finishing my degree at the end of the year with a teaching prac left. He then informs me that I would actually qualify for a supervising certificate, which is a state-based thing. That would qualify me to work for any after-hours care program as a manager if I wanted, but also allow me to run a family day care from my place.
    He then also informed me that I should be able to get a payrise as a result of my studies. Me:

The supervisior certificate would also allow me to become bosslady for an afternoon solely on a fill-in basis.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Isn't that some good news!
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
    X