This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Sense is NOT common

I recently got a job at a call center (Guaranteed full time! Hourly and commission! NOT HAVING TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS FACE TO FACE!!! 8D!!) selling a product that most of you have probably heard of. We don't call people, we're not telemarketers, we take orders and try to get them to buy more and sign up for membership when people call us after seeing a tv ad or hearing us on the radio. I've only just started taking calls, but I've already gotten a few gems, as have the others on my team.

How do you expect to pay?!

TWICE, I have gotten calls from people that did not have a credit or debit card. One was a much older lady who wanted to write a check, which I can kind of understand and sent to Customer Service (they can take checks and money orders, those of us in Sales can't) the other was a twenty-something year old who wanted to pay cash, and got angry when I told her that wasn't possible through the phone. Um...how does she expect to hand it to me?! Unless she can convert her arm and the money into pure energy and send them through the phone line for her hand to pop out of my headset clutching the cash, it's not going to work.

Um.....didn't need to know that.

I didn't get this one, one of the guys on my team did, but I thought it bore telling. While trying to take down the credit card information of a guy, the guy gave him a very long story about how he screwed up his credit by spending a lot of money he didn't have on girls gone wild videos. The expression on the poor guy's face taking the call was PRICELESS.

No. Not now, not ever.

Been hit on a few times...the typical 'You sound cute, can I get YOUR number?' And stuff like that...no, not ever, especially not if you yourself need the product you're calling in for! Besides, we get calls from all over the country, and sometimes outside of it, I'm probably nowhere near you, dude!

So original.

Prank callers, always fun. Whether they're the 'scream obsceneties into the phone', the 'breathe heavily and ask what the person on the other end is wearing' type, or the 'yelp nonsense and slur a lot' variety...they're all a great waste of time.

Also had some people explaining their problems in way, way too much detail. Pass the brain bleach please!

More to come, most likely.
    The customer is always WRONG.

The response to the cash person is, "I'm sorry, ma'am. AT&T never got around to fulfilling their promise that we'd be able to reach out and touch someone."

Didn't Need to Know is likely a very lonely person or someone who thought they were being helpful. They need to realize that to be truly helpful, they need to stop screwing up your calls per hour stat.

The Hitting on over the Phone type were similar to what I'd get when I worked in MW Repair. Except, these bright boys were proposing marriage. My standard response was, "I'm flattered you offered. Unfortunately, company policy clearly states that I cannot help customers who are part of my family or close friends. If you want me to help you with this, we can't get married. Sorry." This was said in the same chipper tone I always used on the phone. Never had a problem with repeat proposals.

The pranksters... ugh. I hated them with a passion. What's worse is that they were usually my co-irkers trying to pull one over on me. While I have a sense of humor (strange one, true, but still a sense of humor) I don't like pranks that take up time from doing that thing I'm paid to do.. WORK.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Faetouched View Post
      No. Not now, not ever.

Been hit on a few times...the typical 'You sound cute, can I get YOUR number?'
      Oh, that's always fun. What makes it more fun is if you work at the Victoria's Secret call center.

Quoth raudf View Post
      The response to the cash person is, "I'm sorry, ma'am. AT&T never got around to fulfilling their promise that we'd be able to reach out and touch Gibbs-smack someone."
      Fixed that for you.
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Ah, yes, the joys of customers on the phone. The best thing is that they're not there in person and you can eventually hang up.

The bad thing is that you can't smack the stupid out of them.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
          The response to the cash person is, "I'm sorry, ma'am. AT&T never got around to fulfilling their promise that we'd be able to reach out and touch someone."
          Combine that thought with the callers who are breathing heavy and wanting to know what you're wearing and it ratchets the creep factor to eleven. Imagine the perv being able to reach out and touch you, or wanting you to reach out and touch them.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth Faetouched View Post
            Prank callers, always fun. , the 'breathe heavily and ask what the person on the other end is wearing' type,
            strangely enough, with the obscene type, a 'happy' "That's the best offer I've had since my 72nd birthday!' gets them to hang up usually.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              strangely enough, with the obscene type, a 'happy' "That's the best offer I've had since my 72nd birthday!' gets them to hang up usually.
              HA! I never thought of that! We used to get the heavy breathers. We usually just hang up on them, it's too stupid to get upset about.

One of my CW's once told a breather "Grow up!" and HE hung up on her.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
              X