This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Didn't Mean to Run Out of Mocha! The Truck Hasn't Shown Up Yet

One of our regular customers showed up tonight with her usual 44oz special cup. She wanted to get an iced mocha coffee, but it turns out that the bib had just run out. She said that it always runs out whenever she comes. (the box) I hope that's not true.

My boss was outside smoking a cigarette, and she wanted me to get her a new one. Now, technically I'm not allowed to leave the register if my coworker is occupied elsewhere. This is because we have to watch for thieves, but I know this woman works in the same store I do. (different area) She said if I could bring her the box and the scissors, she would put in the new box. I told her I would go and look for the boxes if she could watch the front, since there were no other customers at the time.

Sadly, we only had three boxes of French Vanilla. The truck was on it's way, but it doesn't get there until 10. I gave her the bad news, and she became furious. She managed to fill her cup up halfway with the last of the mocha, and approached the register with an obviously angry look. As a special customer, we always give her a large discount on her drink. I told her I was sorry, that the truck would be arriving soon, and then I charged her for a small coffee which was $2.12.

She snapped and said "for this little bit of coffee?!"

I could feel my face getting red from the embarrassment, but my boss won't let me charge less than $1.06 and it was half of a 44oz cup. So I charge her the $1.06, and apologized again. That didn't stop her from being mad though. I'm sorry! We didn't mean to run out of the mocha! I guess we just went through the truck order too fast!
    Last edited by pinky; 12-24-2013, 05:29 AM.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

typical EW in sheeps clothing, sugar and spice unless you add a little reality on the mix and then poof, instant bitch. at $2.12 it was already a deal, a 'venti' (20 ozs) at starbucks would have set her back $4.50
    “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
    ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Shame you have to be polite to idiots like this ... My first reaction would've been a snarky "First World problem, lady" and I would've loved to follow it up with a reversion to full price if she's not happy with the discount she'd been offered. Or, of course, she can go somewhere else.

But of course in real life ... ya can't do that.

Comment

So she works for the same company and doesn't understand about running out of stock?

Yeah but to me that bumps her up on the sucky scale.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

An understanding person would have realized that 22 oz of her cup STILL was full of mocha and that is no small amount. You should have charged her the price of a 20 oz speciailty beverage. Im guessing her special treatment has caused her to feel like she is entitled. Maybe start charging her normal prices if she wants to act like an asshat.

Comment

Oh the entitlement! I bet she probably thought she would get her coffee for free, since she was sooooooooo inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              So she works for the same company and doesn't understand about running out of stock?

Yeah but to me that bumps her up on the sucky scale.
              Suggestion: go to her store when you're off duty and pull a similar stunt. Put the shoe on the other foot, as it were.
              I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Working...
              X