Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagging and carrying groceries can be annoying. When I build my next house I'm going to either have the kitchen close to the garage entrance or an outside door close to the kitchen with drive up access. Or both.

I've also joked before about buying an old transport hearse and converting the casket dolly into a grocery cart. Then all I'd have to do is make sure I can roll that from the garage to the pantry, lol.

Comment

On 5th October, the supermarket and petrol station will stop having free bags. Instead, there will be small reusable bags costing 5p and big reusable bags costing 10p.

Also, over here, shoppers generally bag their own shopping unless they specifically ask for a bagger. This will normally take a while, since the supervisor has to search out a cashier who is at the moment not at a till so it's generally easier just to do it yourself. Note: people who genuinely need help with their bagging will be patient and wait. People who ask for help bagging cuz they're bone idle (how are they going to cope at the other end of the journey, hmm?) will bitch and complain about the wait.

I always do my own bagging and I have sturdy shoppers to carry my shopping in. I wouldn't trust the flimsy plastic bags not to split, and I do have to walk up a hill on my way back.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I wish we would have a complete bag ban here. Maybe people would stop buying so much crap they don't need.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X