Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't teleport into the back room....

You've got to love the people who ask you to look in the back for something and then are nowhere to be found when you return. Talk about fricking rude. Way to waste someone's time! Especially when you work in a very large store and have to walk to the opposite end of it to get to the back room. People are so incredibly impatient these days. OBVIOUSLY it's going to take a few minutes. But also, people like to assume workers are lazy bums and that you bailed on them.

Or people assume that you have the tracking skills of a bloodhound and will tirelessly hunt them down to deliver your backroom findings.

Comment

I don't work the sales floor very often, but every time I do, I get one person who does this... Stay where I left you!

Though there's one guy who followed me into the back (it's open, so it's not like he followed me through a door). I looked for what he wanted and couldn't find it, but pass him off to my manager who can maybe make him a deal (he can only afford the small bag of cat food he wants, but we only have big bags). What does he do, though? Makes my manager walk all the way to the back and again follows!

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
        OBVIOUSLY it's going to take a few minutes. But also, people like to assume workers are lazy bums and that you bailed on them.
        Yeah, you should see our back room. It's... Bad. Like, unless what you need is in the first stack of boxes, it's hopeless. There's barely a path. I will still go and at least attempt to look if it's something I know might be put in a place I can get to. And even when it was relatively clean, it took time and then this would happen...

I would hear over the radio a CW ask about the same product that I'm looking for. Or! A CW would ask over the radio if I had found the item yet. Or! A CW would come into the back to look for that item.

Because the SC would be pestering everyone within hearing distance about that stupid item. In all these cases, jeez have a tiny smidgen of patience! It's so aggravating, especially when we're busy. We don't have enough time or people to help everyone, and now this entitled SC has roped TWO people into helping them, since I'm obviously not going fast enough for them.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Yeah, you should see our back room. It's... Bad. Like, unless what you need is in the first stack of boxes, it's hopeless. There's barely a path.
          You've got a path? We dream of having a path!

Truthfully, it is bad. It's like Corporate thinks our stores are three times as large as they really are, or we're renting space in the TARDIS.
          Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Because the SC would be pestering everyone within hearing distance about that stupid item. In all these cases, jeez have a tiny smidgen of patience! It's so aggravating, especially when we're busy. We don't have enough time or people to help everyone, and now this entitled SC has roped TWO people into helping them, since I'm obviously not going fast enough for them.
          It's insane, isn't it? We're expected to have godlike powers of omnipotence, omniscience, telekinesis, telepathy and the ability to turn back time. Yet the customer treats us like subhuman scum. Go figure.

I wish we could force people to serve at least two months in customer service. Give them a taste of what we go through, maybe help them grow a little empathy.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X