X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    It's like the people who complained about the wire work in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon because many of them had never seen a wuxia movie before. But I expect most people would understand how Westerns tend to be...
    When I went to see the movie in the theater, someone started to complain that the sub-titles took so long to read that they were missing all the action.

Talk about slow, I read the sub-titles so fast that I finished each line of text while the actors had said maybe a third of their line.

Comment

I don't know

Quoth nutraxfornerves View Post
      I was having a leisurely lunch by myself at the Hog island Oyster Company restaurant in San Francisco. A couple came in, were seated, & given menus. They looked at the menus and became horrified. After a few exclamations, they suddenly decamped.

It hadn't occurred to them that the Hog Island Oyster Company would specialize in...guess what?
      First guess Hogs.

Second guess Oyster.

Then I realized they must serve Hogs with Oyster stuffing!

Comment

Meadows

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        Yeah, there's a meadow in book three, and a brief bit of strolling...and...other things. So I guess it's a good thing this Very Sensitive Reader likely won't be going past book 1.
        I thought the meadows were for the cows to eat the grass, trample what remains into the dirt. Then the cowboys have a big roundup and take the cows cross-country to slaughter.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          I thought the meadows were for the cows to eat the grass, trample what remains into the dirt. Then the cowboys have a big roundup and take the cows cross-country to slaughter.
          Cowboys as they are usually depicted in media are actually later period. I always joke that I write "Cowboy books", but that's not really true. Not a single cowboy in any of my books.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            The customer over the phone complains that he made all sorts of plans since he expected not to have his computer and now his whole week was ruined because we repaired the machine early.
            Uh, I'm not seeing a problem here. I like playing GTA and surfing the 'net as much as the next guy. But then again, I have a life
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              My friend is a popular, much-awarded BDSM erotica/romance author. She gets reviews that her books are too 'violent'- mainly, she figures, from people who read 50 Shades and think that's how BDSM actually works. But she practices it herself, so her books are actually accurate.
              This is why most of the BDSM crowd hate 50 Shades with a passion! I like reading accurate BDSM erotica/romance literature, for me reading about UNSAFE play surely kills the mood! Whereas accurate descriptions give me ideas...
              No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
              X