This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words cannot express how sorry I feel for you

One of the casualties of COVID at my store has been the common coupon ... we no longer accept them.

Most people are relatively fine with it.

Then there was this guy.

Came through with some pop. I don't remember how the subject of coupons came up, but I told him no, we don't accept them at this time.

Sucky: "But ... what happens if they expire?"

I didn't know so asked somebody else. She said that if they expire, unfortunately, they're gone.

Mr. Sucky gets indignant and begins to protest about it. He's got coupons! He wants to use them! He MUST use them!!

Coupons for what, you ask? What desperate necessity is he being denied?

MORE SODA POP.

I admit to occasionally getting to the point of wanting to bitch-slap some customers. Not many, but some.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

For sure people are getting dumber. It's just amazing what points they choose argue. I'd hate to see if thing ever turn to a real crisis. Like how they define "Limit 2". Now granted our registers are only limiting a few items and that's the high demand stuff and that limit is one.

In one transaction alone I had a woman use

1. Ask for manager. (Going for the big guns first!)
    2. I have two of this kind and two of that kind. (That's not how that works.)
    3) Can I walk out the door and come back in? (Does that EVER work?)

Throw in the fact that we're short handed right now, with leadership barely filling in for another front end person and yeah, these are some fun times.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I think you'll find words *can* express how you feel, just not to his face
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

It's funny how I stopped using coupons on my own because I didn't want to make a cashier have more contact with me than absolutely necessary. No need for a policy change, I just figured it was the good choice. Although I haven't been to the store that I use coupons at (Freddy's) in weeks due to their poor response to this whole thing. Never once have them been limiting the amount of people inside the store. Not this whole time. And it's a super store, it's giant and the parking lot is always FULL like it's Thanksgiving when I drive by on my way home from work.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I'm so glad most coupons are digital now
          My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Working...
          X