Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You'll regret this, I'm <fill in the blank> (give us your best answer!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a semi regular at the library who has a tendancy to call people like one might call a dog (ok, I don't know if it's happened to anyone else, but it's happened to me enough times, it's a pretty safe bet he does it to others). The kicker? He claims to be tight with Evil Library Director and has threatened to go to ELD about how craptastic the computers are. I'm waiting for him to threaten to go to the director about me so I can tell him to go ahead if he wants. First off, I doubt ELD cares about the craptastic computers (or those of us who beg, plead, and sacrifice to the Microsoft demons to make them work), else he'd do something about the miscreants that keep breaking them.

Second, he has no control over me whatsoever. The computer labs are staffed through a partnership with the local community college, so while we have a direct supervisor at the library, that supervisor has no direct control over our hiring status. It's more of a liasion thing since they see us every day, and Awesome Bosses at the college don't.

Thirdly, ELD doesn't strike me as the type to hang with poor folk that have to use the library's computers instead of ponying up for their own. That's the reason most of us don't like him. He thinks everyone in the world are like his rich friends and he of course never comes down to the floor to see what his peons deal with every day. So yeah, go talk to ELD. I'd like to tell him exactly what I think of him, too.

Sorry for the unexpected rantage, lol.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

He "doesn't need the hassle over 10 bucks?" If that's true, then why was he showing his ass over 10 bucks????

I've had someone complaining at Kinko's because they had to fill out paperwork for a refund of 32 cents.

Yeah. You read that right. They were requesting a refund for 32 measly cents. And they had to fill out a little pink slip for the register, the whole time kvetching "I can't believe I'm having to go through this hassle over 32 cents."

And I just deadpanned, "Neither can I."

Comment

Quoth Mamadrae View Post
        I did the pregnancy one kind of. Was in line at a gas station just wanting to pay for my gas and chocolate bar and this old bastard was doing the lottery. I'm 3rd in line, 8 months along with the bowling ball, and waiting...and waiting....and waiting...

Finally a second worker gets up there since the first can't seem to get the older guy to move away with a crowbar. The two people in front of me were nice enough to let me go first.
        That's a different situation to the one I'm describing; this woman basically wanted a whole queueful of customers (around ten people) to get out of her way so that she could pay for her petrol, chocolate and smokes just cuz she was pregnant. -.- Your situation doesn't seem sucky at all, at least, not to me. ^^ I expect the old git was crochety and the first cashier wasn't the right type to deal with him. We have this old git who's a regular and he's a rude, sexist pig. I much prefer to get one of the guys to deal with him if possible.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X