This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate when that happens

Such dirty minds me and my co-workers have....

A call came in today with a note "Can't get studs out of hole"

Much needed laughter occured over that one.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

On Saturdays, I go and cover a shift at the retail store at work. We usually have multiple items that are ripe for parody, such as studfinders, wood magnets, etc.. Good times are usually had.

Oh and *hands friendofjimmy a studfinder* That'll at least help that person find the studs, don't have anything to help get them out of the hole though. :P

Comment

I thought more lube!
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Will you be needing any plugs or jacks?
        "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kirkygirl View Post
          Will you be needing any plugs or jacks?
          I just read your name as Kinkygirl...
          As soon as I start thinking
          That I'm sensible and sane
          The Random Hedgehog comes along
          And fiddles with my Brain
          (from card I got)

Comment

Quoth Lady Legira View Post
            I just read your name as Kinkygirl...
            Dammit, not again! (exasperated voice) when will people learn to read?
            "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Kirkygirl View Post
              Dammit, not again! (exasperated voice) when will people learn to read?
              I suppose it would be a gross misuse of my admin powers to go in and change it to that.

Back on topic, I had a heavily-accented customer come in and ask for information on how to build a deck. Only problem was, with his accent, it sounded like he wanted to build a "dick." I knew what he meant, but I had a helluva time keeping a straight face.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                Back on topic, I had a heavily-accented customer come in and ask for information on how to build a deck. Only problem was, with his accent, it sounded like he wanted to build a "dick." I knew what he meant, but I had a helluva time keeping a straight face.
                That reminds me of that cheech and chong movie where he was telling the hair doc that he had a hairpiece on his head but the doc heard it as "herpes".

Comment

And this topic also reminds me of a very funny article on the 'webs somewhere. This Italian guy is just walking around New York trying to just get through the day. One of the waitstaff, when asked for two "piece" of toast, is directed to the washroom.

Thank Goodness I've grown up around so many different foreign accents; I don't think I'd be able to understand my co-workers if I didn't!

Comment

My two bosses the co-owners of the custard stand (I'll call them Laverne and Shirley) one time had an odd request of me. They called me up to remind me that Vito from the plumbers co. would be visiting us the next day.

S: "Vito will be in tomorrow, you better get the caulk out."

Only I didn't hear it as caulk, I heard it as, well, a certain other word that sounds just like caulk. I'm sure I had the most wtf expression on my face for a second until I realized what she was talking about; thankfully I couldn't be seen over the phone. Regardless, the next couple of lines had me nearly bust out laughing.

L: "Doesn't Vito have his own?"
                    S: "Yeah, but he charges for it."

Boy, this gutter's pretty crowded, huh?

Comment

It helps the day go by when you have like minded (dirty) co-workers.

I used to work at a Chili's in Texas and had the most inappropriately funny co-workers. One Friday night, I was busy as hell and losing my mind. My station was full, I had food in the window to run, drinks at the bar to run, chips and salsa to get out to my new tables - I was going CRAZY!

I was standing at the food expo window looking at my order which was all wrong and I was barking at the kitchen to fix it. The bartender walked up to me and snapped my last name which immediately caught my attention. So, I turned to him and he said, "I'm naked".

That made my night.

Comment

Working...
                      X