Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never had I been so angry (SC's hate speech)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multilingual

The one call that comes out in my mind was the following.

SC: " it is so nice to speak to a fellow american"
    Me: " aww sir I am canadian
    SC: "Well know what I mean.
    Me: okay sir shall we get on with your problem.

I have found that for some reason there are a number of people that just do not like getting anyone with an accent. Surprised I have not gotten called out for being a canadian. Oh Wait I did the one time that I had a caller argue with me saying that I was not canadian and she argued with me.

Me: Kay may may you go about in the boat. and she started laughing.

Comment

Quoth trinnyg View Post
      The one call that comes out in my mind was the following.

SC: " it is so nice to speak to a fellow american"
      Me: " aww sir I am canadian
      SC: "Well know what I mean.
      Me: okay sir shall we get on with your problem.

I have found that for some reason there are a number of people that just do not like getting anyone with an accent. Surprised I have not gotten called out for being a canadian. Oh Wait I did the one time that I had a caller argue with me saying that I was not canadian and she argued with me.

Me: Kay may may you go about in the boat. and she started laughing.
      When I was at the call center I had a sparse few dickwads that DEMANDED to be transferred to an american, even knowing I was Canadian and had no accent whatsoever.

Most were happy enough to get as close to the U.S. as Canada.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        When I was at the call center I had a sparse few dickwads that DEMANDED to be transferred to an american, even knowing I was Canadian and had no accent whatsoever.

Most were happy enough to get as close to the U.S. as Canada.
        Oh, I'd be the ass who transfers them to Mexico... after all, Mexico is still part of North America
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          ...I'm still a bit surprised about a time people were speaking Polish to me.

I live in a European part of my fair city and after more than 15 years of living in the area, I still get the same deli asking what I would like today in Ukrainian .

I always answer in english, but they always ask in Ukrainian. I think it's almost a joke between us at this point.

One of these days, maybe I should learn the language more than please and thank you! It might get me a discount if I ask nicely since I made the effort (although I would never expect one, not being a CS and all).
          No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
            I had that happen too. I was also called a racist for not speaking Spanish.
            Have had that happen to me many, many, many times....

I'll never understand peoples thought processes to just say rude crap like that to someone on the phone that they don't know at all. I mean, really... Whatever happened to 'Love thy neighbor'? Or just basic common courtesy? If you wanna spout stuff off to your friends and family, that's fine. But when you call a business for help, stick with getting the help or even just general small talk...

Comment

I have been known to conduct my half of a retail transaction in Finnish.

In England.

The fun part is when the retailer doesn't even seem to notice.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                I'm a God-fearing woman and shouldn't be insulted this way. After all, everyone knows those Mexicans don't do a damn bit of work. They're lazy. They just sit around and make babies so they can get more money out of the government.
                Amazing how often that first part and the latter so often go hand in hand..
                I will never go to school!

Comment

Racism sucks. Lets boycott it!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

The ignorace of humanity never ceses to amaze me.
                    "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                      "Why not?"
                      Anytime someone starts talking to me in a language I don't understand, I tend to reply immediately, "Sprechen Sie Deutsch? No? Then we're even."
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                        CUST: After all, everyone knows those Mexicans don't do a damn bit of work. They're lazy. They just sit around and make babies so they can get more money out of the government.
                        Really? Because in my experience, it's mostly white people that sit around and make babies. And even illegal Mexicans try to work to provide for their families. And I never knew they were the only Spanish speakers. But you know, this lady knows all.

My call center experience was mostly people saying they were so glad I wasn't Indian. One of the call centers for the company I worked for was in India, but most of the people spoke with very little accent. Some of them had almost perfect British accents. I never understood what the problem was, as long as they could understand each other.

Nurian, you are very patient to have even listened to her stupidity for even that long.
                        whohatesshrimp?

Comment

Quoth corporateslave View Post
                          Really? Because in my experience, it's mostly white people that sit around and make babies. And even illegal Mexicans try to work to provide for their families. And I never knew they were the only Spanish speakers. But you know, this lady knows all.

My call center experience was mostly people saying they were so glad I wasn't Indian. One of the call centers for the company I worked for was in India, but most of the people spoke with very little accent. Some of them had almost perfect British accents. I never understood what the problem was, as long as they could understand each other.

Nurian, you are very patient to have even listened to her stupidity for even that long.
                          Well, I know the problem with indian call centres around here is that a lot of british companies have closed down their UK call centres in order to go over to indian ones, putting massive amounts of people out of work.
                          Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

You know what? People like that aren't worth your time and energy. I tune them out because they're simply not worth reacting to. (and yeah, I've been on the receiving end of it more than once - I once told a customer that I would not transfer him to another agent simply because he was prejudiced LOL)
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I live in a part of California that is very ethnic; within two blocks of my house, right off hand, I can count at least ten ethnicities. But, as my girlfriend says, I'm "one of the whitest guys" she knows. (She herself is of German and Portuguese ancestry, and has been mistaken for both Hispanic and Middle Eastern). But I used to live in both Louisiana (as a kid), and in Alabama (when I was married), where there wasn't anything like the ethnic mix I have here. Now, I know that not everyone in these two states are racist, but the percentage is higher than in my present location. I used to hate (funny word, given the topic) when a person would share a racist comment with me, and then assume that I would agree with them!

On a side note, as I was leaving Alabama after my divorce, there was going to be a KKK rally/ meeting north of Mobile, where I lived. It did my heart good to see that it was going to be cancelled, due to the overwhelming protest it was bringing, including among people as white as me.
                              Last edited by SailorMan; 12-29-2008, 06:57 PM.
                              Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X