This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh my God, are you serious??

So tonight I was in the process of having what was offically the worst night at work ever. I wondered if things could possibly get any worse. Well, they did. THE FAMILY walked in at 9:45-fifteen minutes to close. They're infamous in our store. I already made an entire thread about them. The mom came up with about fifteen items to return and a huge pile of receipts that she was fumbling through, trying to figure out what goes with what. Well, she stood there through *multiple* closing announcements. This was the first night that we've gone back to closing at 10:00 rather than 11:00. The service desk girl that she was dealing with was standing rght there in front of her making the announcements over the loudspeaker. About three minutes to close, the woman goes, "You guys are still open until 11, right?" My co-worker: "Didn't you hear me just make all of those announcements??" Oh yeah, they did finally leave. Fifteen minutes after close. We also had a huge line of people waiting to return things AFTER THE STORE WAS CLOSED. I witnessed a lady stroll in at 9:59 with a bag of stuff to return and queue up at the service desk.

Can I quit yet?
    Last edited by Despina83; 12-28-2008, 04:20 AM.

upon reading this, and many others, I am soooo glad my company does NOT have a customer is always right policy, for at closing time /ignore begins and the doors will be locked 10 before as to not accept any more type 308 D nozzles.
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Uh, no way.

When I close the service desk, I close the desk at least 5 minutes before hand, and push the carts back.

Coming in one minute before we close to the service desk doesn't fly with me.

Comment

We don't even have a service desk.
        And our customers are CONSTANTLY returning stuff. I swear, they look around their house for things to return for extra cash. When a customer goes to a register with a return, it holds up the line and as we are a busy store, it backs up rather quickly. Plus, we have to call the front end supervisor over to turn the key to complete the transaction. Oh, and on top of that, they never put more than one or two cashiers on. I'm usually alone up there.
        The other day I said, "This store needs a return desk," and the FES that was on said something like, "There's no need to have one all the time."
        "Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire world."

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
          witnessed a lady stroll in at 9:59 with a bag of stuff to return and queue up at the service desk.
          About once a week, I get someone who comes in within 10 minutes of closing to do their tax return. Now understand this is anywhere from a half-hour to 2-hour process--depending on what kinds of stuff is in their return.

The most I've stayed is a hour and a half past closing. No show of attitude yet, except for one who couldn't get a overnight loan as the returns for the day had already been transmitted to corporate.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If it is even 30 minutes before closing time I will wait until another day to get my returns and exchanges completed. I also put the receipt in the item it goes with so I know right where they are at.

Comment

Working...
            X