Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone running a kitchen semi-professionally can run through a case or one of those 20 pound tubs in no time flat.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      I had a pharmacy consistantly give me my not full prescription so often I would open the pill bottle and count it there on the counter to prove it wasn't what they claimed to give me. Then I'd get argued with "I counted that 3 times."
      "Yeah well I just counted it and I'm 30 short!"
      I always count pills at the pharmacy counter. I use a different pharmacy now, but the last one consistently shorted me on pills, especially my precious allergy medication. And they never even entertained the notion that the miscount was on their end, even when one month I walked out with 14 pills for a month's daily supply. That was when I switched pharmacies and started counting just to be safe, even though the new one hasn't made a mistake.

Before that month I'm now sure they had been shorting me, but it had always just been a few and I convinced myself that maybe I miscounted days or took two by mistake or something. It always fell within the grace period for refilling a prescription before the month was up so I never had to do without till then. It was awful, insurance only covers 1 refill a month and I couldn't afford the 200 and change it would be to refill early, so I had to go without.

Comment

Quoth pile of monkeys View Post
        They actually ended up finding my lost pill wedged in between some counting mechanism. I got the impression someone would have been in some trouble if that pill hadn't turned up.
        Getting your pills shorted in the UK is a pain in the ass for the pharmacy (scamming not withstanding). The mistake must be logged and discussed, procedures must be checked and tweaked if necessary and everyone must be made aware of the new procedure.

If the pharmacy is scamming on the other hand that's a short walk to being struck off the register, no matter who does it. The pharmacist is responsible for everything that happens in the pharmacy
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Now, some of my pharmacy techs are, shall we say, "special" (God knows how they got certified). I have to deal with a lot of crap that they screw up back there, like entire prescriptions going missing (says 'ready' in the system, but no where to be found, I have yet to figure out what's causing this fuck-upery).

But never have I had someone come to me saying they were shorted, let alone got an empty bottle. How would that even happen? Pharmacist opens the bottle to visually verify the drug, notices it's empty, and just shrugs then declares it done? I highly doubt that.

Comment

Quoth Cygnata View Post
            Our pharmascists don't pull that crud, and this lady was claiming she got an *empty* bottle.
            I don't think anyone was implying that your store was the same as some of the others that they are mentioning.

I switched pharmacies in the past because I kept being shorted pills, just two or three a script but when it is set that you only get exactly what you need for the month and it is for a serious condition, like my siezures, losing one or two a month is a REALLY BIG deal.

Comment

Quoth Nephy View Post
              But never have I had someone come to me saying they were shorted, let alone got an empty bottle. How would that even happen? Pharmacist opens the bottle to visually verify the drug, notices it's empty, and just shrugs then declares it done? I highly doubt that.
              I was wondering that, too. At my pharmacy, I've never seen one of the pharmacists just take our word for it. They always visual it.

OT - I've started a Pharmacy Tech social group, too, since there's so many of us here! Come on over!!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Exactly. And no, pharmacy didn't take her word for it. The incident is being fully investiated, and her doctor was called, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                X