This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wicked Witches

Had a table come in yesterday who have a bit of history with the place. History being they threw a massive strop and threatened to beat up one of our waitresses. They came in yesterday and saw the girl they threatened very briefly talking to a former coworker who had come in for a meal. They yell at her immediately: 'YOU! YOU'RE JUST STANDING AROUND. COME SEAT US NOW!'. This is ridiculous for a start because the waitress in question is one of the hardest working people ever.

Understandably after seating them she tells me to serve them because they had upset her so badly last time. I agreed and was greeted with attitude upon attitude as they ordered. Going through every single topping on the menu while the oldest of the trio dismissed them, practically spitting, 'I don't like that'. Eventually get through the order and get drinks. I ask them if they'd like ice, to which I am snapped at that 'it's too cold'. Now lots of people say this (which is why I ask) but they say it with a smile, not utter contempt like these three do.

I take out their food and everything. The one picks up her drink and shakes it at me, asking for a refill. I say no problem but I'll get it just after taking something to a party I was also serving and get something else for that table. So she sees me pass the table, shakes the glass at me again and says 'You won't forget my drink now will you?'. I tell her no, then carry on to the party. Her glass is half full, so its not as if she's going to go thirsty in the minute it'll take.

By the end of all this attitude I was about ready to cry. Sick of being spoken to as if I was an idiot. In the end I just concentrated on the party to lift my spirits. The attitude table had everything they wanted and I just couldn't put up with any more of it. I just hate that people think they can order us about the way they do and be so damn cold.

Grrr and finish! I do wish they'd been banned after the fuss they called last time though.

Why would the three wicked bitches want to return if their service was supposedly that horrible their first visit? I hope that there's no third visit. Whether they enforce it or management enforces it, it doesn't matter.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

People like that get the absolute minimum I can give them and still have a job.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

They should've been banned, at the very least. Threatening to beat up a waitress should have ensured a visit by the police and a permaban, to my mind.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
          They should've been banned, at the very least. Threatening to beat up a waitress should have ensured a visit by the police and a permaban, to my mind.
          Amen to that.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I have to agree permaban would be the least they desire.

My friends have a Morgan and Pie night every month and the poor Village Inn staff are at their mercy. I feel so bad for the staff just listening to what all my friends do. It is just laughing and joking around not being mean to the staff other then expecting coffee refills quickly. Why do they expect one carafe of coffee to cover 6 people drinking coffee? Give three carafes and then the people are leaving the wait staff alone for a few more minutes.

Sorry rambling on my pet peeve at a resturant.

Comment

I agree with minimum service. At the very worst, it'll push them into a bannable offence (hopefully not actual violence), and at best they continue to visit and bitch and complain every time. But hey, if they're doing that while receiving stellar service anyway, what's the loss?

And can we assume (as I have) that there was no tip? Or perhaps a "teach you an attitude" tip of 1 penny or something?

Comment

I would flat out refuse to seat these people next time they come in. Tell them they are not welcome.

The old "Managment reserves the right to refuse service" line should do it

No one should have to put up with scum like that.

*hugs & cookies* to you and your co-worker
                "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Working...
                X