This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    Still doesn't top the time earlier this year when I got carded for buying two pieces of posterboard, some chocolate, and a marker.
    Huh?

HUH?

For what reason could they POSSIBLY have to card you for those items? Those are items I would, without thinking, send me 13-year-old niece, the one most likely to get into trouble of some kind, to get were she with me in the store/mall. And they carded you for them?

I repeat: HUH?!?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

The markers were most likely the trigger for the carding. Cuz well, stupid teenagers sit and huff them, and kill whatever cells they had left in their little ganglia. Once again, stupid people ruin it for everyone. We're supposed to card you for anything containing dextromethorphan too, for the same reason.

As for people under 18 with lighters, the only thing I ever saw anyone do with a lighter in high school was to use to light up cigarettes (yes, even at a christian school) or indulge their pyro side.

Heck, I got carded going into Billy Bob's in Forth Worth during the day for a look around. They card you if you look under 16. I'm 26. I guess I'm flattered....

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        For what reason could they POSSIBLY have to card you for those items? Those are items I would, without thinking, send me 13-year-old niece, the one most likely to get into trouble of some kind, to get were she with me in the store/mall. And they carded you for them?
        The marker. Spray paint and broad-tipped markers (your basic grafitti supplies) get flagged for 18+ in some places.

Comment

These are all valid reasons for these laws, but all I want to do is light my stove and spray paint my chair, and I'm only nineteen. I'd also like a can of Endust to clean my computer and a can of turpentine to clean my paint brushes.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I figured it was the marker, too. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine. (I think it might have been Writer Cath but I'm not sure...correct me if I'm wrong!)

Me: "Hey, I think I know why everyone is just getting dumber and dumber these days."
            Friend: "Why is that?"
            Me: "Remember being little and having those scented markers that smelled like watermelon and whatever else?"
            Friend: "Ohhhh yeah..."
            Me: "And you'd just sit and sniff the damn things for hours?"
            Friend: "Oh yeah."
            Me: "Who was the marketing genius who came up with that??"
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Strange Magic View Post
              What if they are under 21...does that mean they can't buy a lighter? besides...you can smoke at 18 anyhow..
              No he claimed he was 21. Corporate policy requires us to card anyone who looks under 27 if they're buying tobacco or tobacco paraphernalia. It isn't actually illegal for minors to buy lighters in PA; our store just decided not to sell them to anyone under 18.
              Mon aéroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth Strange Magic View Post
                What if they are under 21...does that mean they can't buy a lighter? besides...you can smoke at 18 anyhow..
                The state of New Jersey has made it so you can't buy cigarettes until you're 19. I'm unsure, however, as to whether the smoking age is still 18. (It doesn't matter to me, though, since I'm :sigh: 27.)
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post

I got carded for matches/lighter once . . . (I was over 21), I was kinda surprised - I never buy lighters or cigarettes, so I wasn't really expecting it!

It is one of my greatest joys carding when young entitlement bitches/punks (not you!) want to buy a lighter. They don't like it? Too bad. Try it when I'm not working. It just makes sense to me to card them for it. ::
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Over here in the UK, you can smoke at 16.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X