This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The oddest thing

What is the wierdest thing a customer has shouted in your place of business?

Think the truly oddest thing a customer shouted was back in my Denny's days. I was a hostess, and my then boyfriend, now husband, had JUST started serving, With no training, because Denny's doesn't believe in training anyone. I think this was his second or third day and it was a sunday morning with the usual church crowd. my husband is a rather average height, quiet, average weight sort of shy kind of guy.(trust me, this is important) Even more so when he was just tossed into serving. He was previously dishing, but they desperatly needed a server. He's not "scary" or intimidating looking at all

So I'm clearing off a couple of tables to seat and a man motions me over to his table. He's sitting there with (I assume) his wife and kids. He asks me for something, I can't remember what, but it was something that I didn't know, so I said I would go get his server, which happened to be DH (then BF) He says ok, and I start to walk away, when suddenly he SHOUTED as loud as he could across the resturant

"And you tell my server I am NOT afraid of him"

It was really bizarre, as he had asked his question in a normal, even pleasant tone.

My response was "uhh alrighty then"

I find that people who say that are lying. Always.

Comment

An ex employee at the gas station I used to work at came in, I had no clue who she was and I carded her. No ID on her. Tried pulling the "But I come in here ALL the time and Siren* (your manager) knows who I am!"

That didn't work...

"I'LL HAVE SIREN FIRE YOUR DUMB ASS, BITCH!"

I told my manager, and she told that little lady if she didn't apologize to me, she wasn't allowed back into the store. That store has a lot of problems with ex employees having entitlement issues almost as bad as the customers. Some of them think they still have access to free food/drink, and if they worked there years ago, who cares, you CAN'T card them, they know Siren and they used to work here!

What else....

I was told "Fuck you bitch!" several times when I carded people w/o ID.

I was told to "Go to hell!" by a woman who threw her check at me and tried to book it.

I was told that I need to be more tan.

I was told that I need to grow.

I was told that I needed to wear a bikini to work.

Too many weird things to name them all. That's what happens when your clientel is gum-under-your-shoes type people.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

In blas' general direction, back after Best Buy sold our chain of stores off, we had Best Buy employees coming into the store still, still trying to use their employe discount with us. Oh, how I enjoyed laughing in their faces!
        Not as fun as the couple who came in a year. (A YEAR!) after we had been 'released into the wild' and the woman asked if she needed her paystub to get her discount?
        M: *blink, blink* "Which store do you work at?"
        H: "Best Buy?"
        M: "I can save you a trip. No, you don't need your pay stub, since you won't get a single damn cent off your purchase. Best Buy hasn't owned us for a year now, you get nothing. You lose, Good day, Ma'am!"
        And walked away (at least, that's how I remember it happening... I didn't actually quote Willy Wonka in reality...)
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

my craft store had a mezzaine floor (loft kind of thing) a french woman came in with her son and acted totally crazy (i know she was french because she had a french-english dictionary on her) she played with her son the entire time, hide and go seek mostly. (she wasnt a sucky customer she was activley taking care of him)

well at some point she lost track of him and the next thing we see, shes bent WELL over the balcony shouting at the top of her lungs in a heavy french accent "PIERRE! Where are you, come here you cute little boy PIERRE!!!"

me and the other staff were like... then we laughed our asses off
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I was at the service counter minding my own business when a woman I hadn't even waited on came up to me and said, "You look like that British nanny that killed those children."

I remember the news story from several years ago but I look NOTHING like her and I was too shocked to make any sort of retort. Being called a b**** or an a**hole [heck to me these are compliments LOL] is nowhere near as hurtful as that woman's remark.

Comment

Back when I was single, I worked in a gas station and had a woman come in and flip out on me saying I was the bitch who was trying to steal her man.

I looked at her like because I had never seen this woman before or her man.

She threw some things around while screaming at me to stay away from him and stomped out.

I never did figure out what her problem was or why she thought I was trying to steal a man I had never met before.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
              X