This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make it worth my while!

An SC came in yesterday and wanted a clock we had way up on the wall. After checking inventory, we found that we were out of them and they were on back order from the manufacturer and wouldn't be back in stock until the end of August. So, we offered her the one on the wall. She was fine with that and we got out the ladder and took it down. When she looked at it, she saw it was a little dusty on the top.

SC: "If I'm going to buy this clock, you're going to have to make it worth my while. Give me 25% off the sale price."
    ME: "Why, is it damaged in some way?"
    SC: "No, it's dusty on the top! So I want 25% off the sale price!"
    ME: "You want 25% off the sale price because it's dusty on the top?"
    SC: "Yes. Make it worth my while to buy this!"
    ME: "Hmmm...I can fix that."
    So, I got out some Windex and a paper towel and cleaned off the top.
    ME: "There. Fixed."
    SC: "I can't believe you just DID that! I still want my 25% off!"
    ME: "I'm sorry, Ma'am. We don't give out discounts because something is a little dusty. It has to be damaged in some way and then it's only a 10% discount, not 25. There's nothing wrong with this clock and you're welcome to buy it since it's not coming back until the end of August, but I can't discount it. Or, you can wait until August for a new one."

She just stood there looking at me for a few seconds, turned around and left.

Don't you just love those idiots who want to set their own price for stuff?

So did she end up buying the clock? Or did she just leave?

Man, if a little dust warrants a 25% discount, imagine a demo machine with NO BOX! Hell, the company should PAY me to take it off their hands. I'm doing them a FAVOUR here...

Stupid SC's.

Comment

Dust equals 25% off?

Where do they come up with this stuff? However, if a place is selling me the product that they took out of the box and had on display, then I expect a discount. No telling what SC's touched it while it was on display, so I'm not taking my chances.
      --AmericanZero8503--
      Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Quoth Clintmax
        SC: "Make it worth my while to buy this!"
        Whoever came up with that phrase needs to be beaten. Badly. Where did it come from, anyway? One of the stupidest things I've heard.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth AmericanZero8503
          Dust equals 25% off?
          oh, you didn't get the memo? I'll have to have them fax you another one. Also, there's a 25% discount if you happen to make them upset. That's 50% off the item right there!
          Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

SC: "I can't believe you just DID that! I still want my 25% off!"

Then why was she complaining about the dust, oh yeah, she's an SC. And what was her while, waiting while you all climbed the ladder? i don't get it.

Comment

I had a similar situation with a lady and a pair of shoes recently.
              She brought a pair of high heels to the counter and wanted to know if I'd mark them down because they'd been 'worn'.
              I looked at the bottoms of the shoes and, aside from being a little dusty, they looked fine. There was absolutely nothing wrong with these shoes. I told her that the (minimal) dirt on the bottom was probably from someone trying the shoes on in the store, and she just wouldn't let it go. She kept on and on about them being 'worn'; all I could do was just stand there and let her little diatribe play out.
              Finally, I told her (and I swear I wasn't being a smart-#$%) that the first time she wore them, the bottoms would get scuffed anyway...?
              Well, that peeved her royal and she stomped out.

I swear there needs to be a vending machine full of Prozac or Valium in our foyer and each person should be required to take at least one before entering the store.
              They're all self-entitled psychos.
              ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth gundam40
                So did she end up buying the clock? Or did she just leave?
                No, she didn't buy it, she just left in a huff. It was WAY up high so the only people who had touched the clock was US when we put it up there. I just put it back and the next person who wants one can have it.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker
                  Whoever came up with that phrase needs to be beaten. Badly. Where did it come from, anyway? One of the stupidest things I've heard.
                  Me too! I hate that s#@t! And we hear it more often all the time.

Comment

Quoth Clintmax
                    SC: "If I'm going to buy this clock, you're going to have to make it worth my while. Give me 25% off the sale price."
                    The look on her face was probably priceless when you removed the dust. SHe just wasted her time and your time in the store.
                    Op.125

Comment

Quoth Demonoid Phenomenon
                      I had a similar situation with a lady and a pair of shoes recently.
                      She brought a pair of high heels to the counter and wanted to know if I'd mark them down because they'd been 'worn'.
                      I looked at the bottoms of the shoes and, aside from being a little dusty, they looked fine. There was absolutely nothing wrong with these shoes. I told her that the (minimal) dirt on the bottom was probably from someone trying the shoes on in the store, and she just wouldn't let it go. She kept on and on about them being 'worn'; all I could do was just stand there and let her little diatribe play out.
                      Finally, I told her (and I swear I wasn't being a smart-#$%) that the first time she wore them, the bottoms would get scuffed anyway...?
                      Well, that peeved her royal and she stomped out.
                      Yet another SC melts away in the face of logic.

I'm surprised that we (or least I) didn't get more customers at Goodwill complaining about dust and whatnot. :shrugs: If it's minimal, it's not a problem. If you have a problem with it, don't buy it in the first place.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Priceless...yep!

I almost laughed at the look on her face!

Comment

Working...
                        X