X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick customer quotes

So, had some weird people so far...here's two that stood out today:

SC: *storms up in a huffy mood* Do you have a charger for blah, blah
    ME: Yeah, but Palm only makes an international replacement (has all the prongs for other socket types)
    SC: Well, ok...open it up for me!
    ME: Well, let me show you what it looks like. I really don't want to open it if you plan not to buy it.
    SC: WELL FINE!! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! GOODBYE!!
    ME: Well, bye then

Like I was going to open something that he might not buy. Its like they don't believe that it will work for their unit even though the unit name is ON THE FREAKING BOX.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, some other random dude came up.

RD: I'm in a bit of a pickle
    ME: ....and?
    RD: You see, my sister took my phone and she wandering around the mall. Might you have a cell phone that I can use for a second?
    ME: Umm...how about no...the pay phones are downstairs.
    RD: Really...ummm...ok *leaves with a "Rats, foiled again" look on his face.

Seriously, ask if you can use the store phone...not my personal phone. I'm still going to say no to your face...
    Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Note we're the only store in town still asking paper or plastic. We always get the elderly who demand paper bags but only want them a quarter of the way full. So we run out.

CS: Paper...paper only
    me: Sorry we ran out of paper
    CS: That's F*cking rediculous. That's why I stopped shopping at [competitor].
    *So I bag her order in plastic, the entire time she is snatching the bags from my hand, and slamming them in her cart. The other customers and cashiers are watching this lady's tantrum to their amazemen*
    CS: Look they're starting to break! This is insane. That's why this store is going bankrupt.
    *Yes, that's right our inability to keep paper bags in stock is dragging down our company, it had nothing to do with the bad investment in some Winn Dixie stores that were closing anyway*
    I hand her her reciept. Still smiling, totally keeping my cool. It was totally pissing her off.
    CS: I'm NEVER shopping here again!
    Me: (As she shoves her cart away almost hitting a small kid, I'm waving) Have a NICE DAY!

The customer in the line next to me just loses it laughing, she says that was the best thing she saw all day!
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Quoth toolbert
      Just now, some other random dude came up.

RD: I'm in a bit of a pickle
      Dill or sweet? How big is the pickle that he was in? Was he swallowed, or did he crawl in on his own? I want to know!!!!!
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This was taken from my years working in hell, I mean the pizza place.#

Guy sits down in the waiting area, and watches me fill the cooler with bottles of pop. When I'm done, he then takes out a bottle and says, "They're not cold!"

Well, DUH!
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine
          Dill or sweet? How big is the pickle that he was in? Was he swallowed, or did he crawl in on his own? I want to know!!!!!
          I think it might have been a sweet one...but he did seem pretty uncomfortable being it was a very small pickle.
          Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

While I feel bad for cashiers when they are dealing with an SC throwing a temper tantrum, I can't help but laugh at the SC's expense. I mean, do they ever realize how childish, immature, and ridiculous they are acting? Well, of course not, but still...........a good laugh at them always makes me feel better about myself.

And sometimes the cashiers start laughing after they leave as well, and we can laugh together. Sheer idiocy...........I swear. I didn't even throw that bad of tantrums when I was a toddler. Some of these middle aged and elderly people throw the biggest tantrums I've ever seen. It's almost a tough pick....who is worse, toddlers or middle aged/elderly people?
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Me: How are you today?
              Sc:......
              Me: Did you find everything you were looking for?
              SC:.........
              Me: Your total is ____
              SC: Slides Card
              Me:Is that Credit or Debit?
              SC: I dunno figure it out.
              ME: *comes around counter to try to figure out what they want, they're no help*
              MEo you want cash back
              SC:..... .......
              ME: Here's your reciept
              SC: Wait I want cash back, you didn't ask me.
              ME:I'm sorry you must have not heard me
              SC: You're about the rudest person I've ever met, and you can't do your job very well. You won't make it far in life
              ME: You have a wonderful day too.

Comment

This one happened on CHRISTMAS EVE. I think it was more the fault of the stupid co-worker I was working with (some 15-year-old newbie).

*as I am about to help out a huge 2-cart order*
                Co-Worker: hey, Kerri, I can't find the cranberry sauce (or something else holiday-related) for him. *points to customer* Can you do it?
                me: *kinda flabergasted and thinking "hell no! can't you see this huge order?!"* well, actually no, I can't -------
                SC: FINE!!! I'LL FREAKING FIND IT MYSELF!!!!

ok, to both my co-worker and SC: It's freaking CHRISTMAS EVE, the busiest day of the year! don't ask me to fix your problems; EVERYBODY ELSE has the same problems as you!
                ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Quoth blas87
                  sometimes the cashiers start laughing after they leave
                  Heh, if SCs who throw tantrums only knew that they do not ruin a cashier's day by doing that, they only give them something to laugh about for the rest of the day....
                  "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                  ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth blas87
                    It's almost a tough pick....who is worse, toddlers or middle aged/elderly people?
                    Well, at least the toddlers have a chance to grow out of it.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                    X