Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today. Once again, dressed in my slobbing out outfit, cept this time I'm wearing a Marilyn Manson t-shirt. This woman comes up to me, goes "Can you tell me... oh, you don't work here." Surely the picture of Slipknot on the back of my hoodie should have told her that before she opened her trap? Please can someone tell me where this mythical workplace is that lets people wear their slobbing out gear? Cuz I really really really want to work there.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
      Please can someone tell me where this mythical workplace is that lets people wear their slobbing out gear? Cuz I really really really want to work there.
      Tell me about it.

Usually if I get asked, it's because I went shopping during my lunch or after work, and I was wearing my work clothes. But one time I got asked, and I was wearing jeans, sneakers, and a Slayer shirt. Go figure.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

• Quoth scorpionf View Post

The manager comes up to me, and tells me to go to the staffroom, so he can have a chat to me about my behaviour... So, I asked where the staffroom was, and he said I knew where it was, and to stop making things worst for myself.

I just said "I shall go and buy my IPod elsewhere, have a nice night" and wandered out the store, leaving the 2 of them standing there like the morons they are!
        That's when you go to the staff room and await the manager's wrath. Let the poor ass write you up.
        Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2007, 04:10 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags

Comment

T...Please can someone tell me where this mythical workplace is that lets people wear their slobbing out gear? Cuz I really really really want to work there.
          it's called the "Loss Prevention Department". When I worked for WalMart, our security guy would often dress in his most shitastic ensemble... and people would stop him for help...even with one of us blue-vested faries beside him!

Oh, and the truck crew could wear just about any crappy outfit (within reason), and often, vestless, for that annoying "uniform" would be a safety hazard by getting snagged on something (or the roller) so we would "forget" them in the back room.

so, it's all WalMart's fault!
          Last edited by Ree; 02-17-2007, 04:10 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting
          You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

• Happened again at ANOTHER bookstore! Why is it always bookstores? I was in the music section just minding my business when a stereotypical suburban mom comes up to me and asks me a question about some CD she was buying for her daughter. Keep in mind that I am wearing a indie style t-shirt, a black jacket, a scarf, and some faded jeans and nowhere on me is a Barnes and Noble nametag. As I was walking around, the woman mutters excuse me numerous times, I'm thinking there might be someone who works there who she was trying to get their attention. At some point, she just yells excuse me in that bossy tone that some wield in their condecsending arsenal. I turn around and ask what she wants, she starts showing me the CD and what I thought of it and starts going on a rant about the CD until I cut her off tell her I don't work there and walk off. Wasn't enough for her, she keeps bugging me until I turned around told her that I don't work here, I said that I didn't have a nametag on me, pointed her to a clerk over there and was on my way.

Again: WHY IS IT ALWAYS BOOKSTORES!?!?!?!?
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Please can someone tell me where this mythical workplace is that lets people wear their slobbing out gear?
              I'm on the recycling crew of my university, and I'm allowed to wear pretty much wherever I want... even dressed up as a goth/vampire dude during my shift on Halloween, and my boss was totally cool about it.
              "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Working...
              X