Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad I'm not in the haunted building anymore. And the ghost at my home has quieted down quite a bit.

FYI, I was taught in my childhood church that there were no such things as ghosts, that all supernatural activity was orchestrated by demons in service to Satan. There are several sects that believe this. Personally, I don't buy that. I think there are different types of ghosts, but that there are other beings that exist on a different plane that can interact with us under certain conditions. And, just like us, most are nice, or at least not evil, but some are not nice at all.

A moderator on another site said that using a Ouija board is like posting an invitation on Facebook, you have no idea who's going to show up.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
      I blame the (so-called) "History" channel. Even people who wouldn't normally fall for this kind of thing will do so when there's an implied authority behind it. There's a South Park episode that talked about how there's no proof aliens weren't at the first Thanksgiving, so therefore, there were aliens at the first Thanksgiving. In the episode the History Channel ran the show in question.

It's probably best she didn't stay there, really. Not for her, but for you.
      Yea History, Syfy and other channels did it. I'm one of the ones who've had off and on experiences dating way back into childhood. Thankfully nothing in recent years, so those shows didn't taint anything for me personally. I'll watch them at night and laugh sometimes at the overblown nature, not at the situation the people went through though. After watching some of those paranormal shows, it seems like they all have some sort of poltergeist and over the top occurrences that I've even gotten to the point where I don't believe most of what may/probably happened to those people really happened as such. I'm sure something happened but not so drawn out. Producers and television channels are known to want to spice things up for entertainment value.

Comment

I love the ghost shows that are say in...France and are trying to get a reaction while speaking English.

Comment

The ghost stories in our place are all harmless stuff.

1. There's a black kitty that was seen running up to the top of a set of stairs but the person that was at the top at the time didn't see anything.

2. One guest was coming down the stairs thinking about going to the Quarter for some fun and she saw a woman dressed in 1800's clothing (our hotel was built in 1897 and was originally three townhomes) walk out into the courtyard. She walked out only steps behind her and she was nowhere to be seen.

3. One guest reported that someone sat down on their bed side at least three times one night but she couldn't see anyone.

4. I personally felt a presence up on the second floor the second day I was working there. The hotel was completely empty and I swear I felt someone behind me staring a hole through my back but no one was there. I said to the air "look, I'm just looking around. I'm not going to hurt anything, I promise". And the feeling went away.

I love those ghost tv shows. We were once contacted by a tv show about ghosts in the city and asked our stories but we don't have any interesting enough to make them want to come and film there.

I've seen ghosts since I was a kid (something I don't generally talk about on forums since it freaks people out), though it's become less now that I'm an adult and since I had my car accident.

When I was a teenager, my cousin had this bright idea about using a ouija board. There were four of my cousins, and my sister and I there and I didn't want to use it but my cousins pressured me into it. So we brought it out and started, and immediately I felt a presence. So I told them I didn't want to play anymore but they kept pushing it and asking questions. Suddenly a breeze went through one side of the room, ruffling curtains and papers on my cousins desk and I got up and ran out. My cousin said after that for the rest of the time they lived in that house, sometimes he'd see things out of the corner of his eye, or things would move.

I have lots and lots of ghost stories. Everyone of my generation on my mom's side of the family, for example, will swear up and down that my grandmother's house is haunted even though none of our parents and our grandmother don't believe it.

Mriswith, that totally made me giggle.

Comment

Don't tell the SCs about the ghosts... they'll be a wonderful excuse.
            The filthy state the room was left in,the nasty stains on the sheets,the yelling and shouting all night,the 'special' channels that the TV tuned to-not my problem,it was all the ghosties,so why am I being charged for it?
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I always thought demons and ghosts were two completely different things.

Beyond that, seems a little presumptuous for this woman who's never been to your hotel and therefore never encountered whatever's there to insist they must be demons.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Beyond that, seems a little presumptuous for this woman who's never been to your hotel and therefore never encountered whatever's there to insist they must be demons.
                That's actually the first time I've come across that in 11 years in the industry. It actually made my jaw drop. Not the ghosts and demons thing but someone insisting that they can't stay because we say it's haunted. lol.

Its actually incredibly funny. Even my sister (who is terrified of ghosts) can't wait to visit our hotel.

Meh... they're just stories. And we have thousands of people that stay and don't report anything at all.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Well personally I grew up in the church but don't really talk about it much cause it's such a hot debatable topic that many people get sensitive over. Just to let you know though, some Bible belt people and some religious types see them as one in the same. They say the dead can't come back. Anything such as ghosts and what not are just demons in disguise to some of these people. When things seem positive and harmless it's angels or something holy. Just an FYI on how some people think about this. Don't want to get into fratching territory.

The things seen on these paranormal shows are pretty much in the demon territory. Sometimes they feature "helpful" or positive experiences, but on those channels, those don't seem to get the ratings. Have to go to TBN for that.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post

A moderator on another site said that using a Ouija board is like posting an invitation on Facebook, you have no idea who's going to show up.
                    Sounds like something my friend Arthur would say.
                    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post

Having recently been (unwillingly) caught in a Mormon vs. Christian argument, I found this statement highly amusing.
                      My former roommate is Mormon. He's always pretty amused when someone tells him he's supposedly not Christian.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                        The ghost stories in our place are all harmless stuff.

I love those ghost tv shows. We were once contacted by a tv show about ghosts in the city and asked our stories but we don't have any interesting enough to make them want to come and film there.
                        Heck with them then, I would happily stay there, even if the loaner kitty was not physically there!

Who was it here that had a ghost in their hotel, something about stairs behind the desk and the landing? This would have been back when I first started hanging out here ... call it 4 or 5 years back, maybe a bit longer, it would have been about the same time we were discussing Kusanagi's van.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I remember a bunch of us using a ouija board at a girl guides sleepover one night. The thing was going nuts for all the other girls, but when I took my turn and laid hands on the planchette, it went stone cold dead. DEAD. At first the other girls thought it was the ring I was wearing- "Take it off, Ouija doesn't like it!". So I took the darn thing off. Still nothing. That thing went completely dead when I touched it, ring or no.
                          To this day I wonder what was up with that.

Comment

Amanita, maybe it just didn't like you lol. Or the other girls were messing it when they were using it.

Comment

No oujia board is allowed near me or where I live. I am sensitive enough. No need to add to my nightly excitement at home.

Comment

If any ghost,being or spirit wants to turn up in the middle of the night in my room,it's more than welcome,provided it's cute and female.
                                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
                                X