This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
    Who was it here that had a ghost in their hotel, something about stairs behind the desk and the landing?
    Smiley is the one I believe. Either that or it was one of EQ's.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      If any ghost,being or spirit wants to turn up in the middle of the night in my room,it's more than welcome,provided it's cute and female.
      That would be a succubus, which COULD be problematic...
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        the Pilgrims weren't indigenous to North America, so by definition they were aliens (in the immigration sense of the word).
        'Twas what I was thinking.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Don't tell the SCs about the ghosts... they'll be a wonderful excuse.
          Saw that in action tonight, actually.

Tourist friend of mine is in town, and she and her new boyfriend are staying at the Landmark Luxury Hotel that I used to work at.

The other night they woke up in the middle of the night and the bed was wet.

New Boyfriend blamed it on the Ghost of Hemingway. Tourist Friend and I are pretty sure the explanation is much more mundane and closer to home....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Sure, it was the ghost. Just not the way he was thinking.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
              I was taught in my childhood church that there were no such things as ghosts, that all supernatural activity was orchestrated by demons in service to Satan.
              In other words, back when I was a kid, the TV had demons instead of ghosts?

Quoth Willis View Post
              some Bible belt people and some religious types see them as one in the same. They say the dead can't come back.
              That's interesting, considering that a book that they're VERY likely to possess a copy of describes 2 counterexamples to that statement.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

In fact for us 'religious people',if you can't be resurrected from the dead,then that kind of defeats the whole point of the entire faith...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  That would be a succubus, which COULD be problematic...
                  Not necessarily. A succubus is a very specific type of spirit/demon . There are a number of other female spirits referenced in different cultures that can be very friendly.

Of course, there are also several female supernatural entities (that are not succubi) that are quite terrifying and dangerous also.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Of course, there are also several female supernatural entities (that are not succubi) that are quite terrifying and dangerous also.
                    And the first rule of demon-summoning is to be very very precise in what you ask for...
                    Sorry Kit-Genevra, we hardly knew ye...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I summon up the terrifying spelling demon... Attack attack!

*That'll learn her to spell me incorrect.Mwahahaha*
                      *Bonus points to anyone who knows the gory story of my username*
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

*Bonus points to anyone who knows the gory story of my username*
                        A quick Google tells me a harrowing tale of ugly soccer uniforms. >.>

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Normally it's only the hardcore mythies who know the legend-but it's good for squicking people out with Normally,I get '...as in Weasley?'.Hadn't seen the soccer kits before...

and now I'm imagining Ginny Weasley in soccer kit.........I'll just be a few moments if you'll wait here...
                          Excuse me,customer services.Which aisle are the tissues in?

Comment

Working...
                          X