This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey responses

So when a guest checks out, they get sent a survey to fill out. Most are overwhelmingly positive, many offer actual constructive feedback, and others...well...

The last straw

SC: "I asked for a duvet and a card table. We were given a duvet but we did not get a card table. We did get a small banquet table but I was very disappointed you didn't have an actual card table. It gave a bad feel to the evening."

I would like to note that The Resort has a pool, tennis, racquetball, volleyball, ping pong, dozens of board games including Risk and Candyland (hell yeah!), a spa, a restaurant, and two golf courses, but the fact that we lack a card table means we must be the lamest resort ever! Note also that the guest still got an extra table delivered to play cards on, just not a dedicated card table, which simply ruined the evening.

I don't want your accessible room!

SC: "I was in a room with an accessible bathroom. I understand it was a busy weekend but it felt like I was in a hospital and I feel those rooms should be used only for people who need them. You shouldn't put able-bodied guests in accessible rooms. Most people don't need them."

Okay, but then you get...

I want your accessible room!

SC: "Your bathrooms are tiny! You should ask guests at check-in if they need accessible rooms. I would have liked to have had one!"

Because asking for one when you book is so much of a burden, we should ask each and every single guest if they require an accessible room.

It really is...

SC: "I had to ask to have a fridge delivered. It was delivered promptly but I've never had to ask for anything like that before. It was awkward."

Further evidence that speaking up and asking is hard, I tell you!

One kitchen to rule them all...

SC: "You shouldn't have different names for the restaurants. It all comes out of the same kitchen. I don't know what [golf shop grill] even is, but I probably ate there. It's all the same, so why pretend they're different?"

He almost has a point, except right now we only have one restaurant open at the resort. The other two are out at their respective golf courses, the closest of which is five minutes away and very much has its own kitchen. Unless he thinks we bus the food out there. And there's no way he ate at [golf shop grill]...that's at the far golf course almost 15 minutes from The Resort. You would know if you ate there, trust me.

Furthermore, we actually have two kitchens at The Resort. Granted, once our second on-site restaurant opens up, they'll be coming out of the same kitchen for the most part (the second kitchen is primarily for banquets/catering), but I find it funny that he assumes he knows how many kitchens we have. (We're likely getting a third one soon, too, for a third restaurant.)

Least helpful comment ever

(Response to the survey question "How would you improve our service?")

SC: "It's not my job to tell you how to fix your service!"

Well no, it's not. That's why the survey is voluntary. But thanks for the oh-so-helpful feedback.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Who actually sees these surveys?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

"...a bad feel to the evening"

I suspect someone got taken to the cleaners. Which is totes the table's fault.

Comment

I dub the first one, "First World Table Problem." They were probably expecting one of those green-felted poker tables. Everyone knows it isn't drunken strip poker without that green felted table!!! Which without seeing the room, I'm gonna assume wouldn't fit in the room with chairs, booze and egos!

Second one could have asked to change rooms if they'd found it that "antiseptic!" Same goes for the third one. Seriously, if you don't like the room, politely say so and see about a change! The worst they can say is, "I'm sorry, it's not possible at this time.."

Not sure what to say about the 4th one, but I think if space is limited (like a cruise ship) one kitchen may be all that really fits on the floor plan. As long as the food is safe to eat and delicious, then what's the problem?

Number 5 wanted to complain, but honestly couldn't find anything to complain about. This is the written equivalent of sulking.
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Do any of your surveys have anything mentioning George Wendt or beans?
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Oh gods. This reminds me of someone I went in circles with on the phone for literal hours.

She wanted one particular cabin. This cabin is special. There is no other cabin exactly like it. She wanted me to tell her she could easily drive her motorized wheelchair into it. I told her this was not true and that in fact it had stairs. She said she could bring a ramp for that and demanded bathtub dimensions. All this was over the course of about three phonecalls, and I was the unfortunate bastard who had to keep calling her back with further information as I uncovered it. At one point she confused me thoroughly by referring to me as the "guy she had been talking to before, I think his name was [my very feminine name that is never a male name]".

I kept trying to sell her one of the nearby lodge rooms that is actually, you know, accessible. She would have no part of it. She needed that cabin so bad she could taste it.

The room had a claw-foot tub which was unusually deep. It would be hard to get in and out with limited mobility. I informed her of this.

Well, could we put in a transfer bench? I said, probably, we have something along those lines. Well, could I measure it?

All this required a lot of coordination with other employees, sending porters to measure bathtubs surreptitiously while the current guests were out of the room (because of course this EW couldn't wait until they were checked out but DEMANDED to know NOW, even though she was booking out way the hell in advance), begging a favor of the head porter to have them bring me one of the so-called transfer benches, borrowing a measuring tape, etc.

Eventually some extra-dark part of the cockles of my heart was warmed when I told her that we didn't actually have transfer benches, just tub chairs, and told her the dimensions. "Well, that's not a transfer bench! That's a tub chair! A transfer bench is - " "I know what a transfer bench is, ma'am, my uncle uses one." She proceeds to explain to me what a transfer bench is anyway. At this point, after about 6 phonecalls and 2 hours of my time (and other employees' time) completely wasted, she sadly bade me farewell, apparently deciding not to come here after all.
            "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
            Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

Quoth Dentarthurdent View Post
              Oh gods. This reminds me of someone I went in circles with on the phone for literal hours.

(snip)

she sadly bade me farewell, apparently deciding not to come here after all.
              And the heavens rejoiced!

Comment

Morgana has a point....just imagine how it would go down if that caller actually checked in. It would probably be like one of vacation_rentals_suck's EW custys.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

When somebody says the term "card table" to me, the first image in my mind is one of those cheap-as-hell, rickety little square jobbies with folding legs. Ya know, where the little kids have to sit and eat Thanksgiving dinner when there's not enough room at the big table
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

^^EXACTLY! The same table was in my mind... the memories I want to leave behind.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      SC: "I had to ask to have a fridge delivered. It was delivered promptly but I've never had to ask for anything like that before. It was awkward."

Further evidence that speaking up and asking is hard, I tell you!
                      It takes an extra speshul kinda snowflake to bitch about having their needs met on demand... if I turn up & find there's no fridge, I assume there's no chance of one & don't even ask!
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

What the deuce? The drama queen didn't get the exact table they wanted? Deal with it. What kind of joker has to prove to everyone that they're an ace-hole?
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

When I worked for the council in 2001,we sent out a questionnaire asking the dear residents what they thought of the facilities,including a space for them to give any comments or views they had on anything else we should be doing or raise any issues.
                          Letting the masses have their say is always a bad idea.We had several who wanted the council to close down the mosque-fair enough-if the town had actually had one.
                          And full marks for procrastination to the gentleman who moaned that he had overgrown vegetation in the lane at the bottom of his garden and no-one had done anything about his previous complaint.He had indeed complained about this before-in 1978
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Sheesh, 6 calls and 2 hours is way above and beyond! I am pathetically happy to find places that have no stairs, elevators and tub chairs so that I don't have to drag mine out and set it up just to get clean ... to actually have an actual stall with a fold down seat, adjustable height shower thingy and grab rails makes me dizzy with delight!
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                              takes an extra speshul kinda snowflake to bitch about having their needs met on demand...
                              And an even more special one to want them met on an unspoken demand.

Comment

Working...
                              X