This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCRREEECH

I had a bit of a brain BSOD today. I work in a game store (not really relevant to this story though) and was checking out a regular and her boyfriend today when she was like "ya, I am buying this for my wife back in Iowa". It caught me off guard and made my brain crash for a second because of how unexpected that was. I sputtered for a second and she was totally cool about it. It was completely surprising because she had never said anything ever about it before.

*Note, I have many gay and lesbian friends as well as know many same sex couples that are married so have absolutely NOTHING against that lifestyle, it just really caught me off guard considering her boyfriend was right there as she said it.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

guess they have an open relationship. never tried it myself, but no judgement. it seems like a lot of people don't really care about what they say around cashiers cause they only see us for about two minutes or so...I've had people talk to me about bowel movements, HUD housing, family problems...the list goes on ;D
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

Comment

I thought this topic was going to be about one of the characters from Saved By the Bell.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I was expecting one of those phone calls from a wailing banshee ....>_>
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
          I was hoping it would be about the Newfoundland rum Screech. Quite tasty with Dr. Pepper, btw
          LOL I was thinking exactly the same thing. And I too LOVE my rum with Dr Pepper!

Comment

Working...
          X