Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to defuse this by saying... "I'm probably going to look stupid... but where is X?"
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I needed to buy a certain item (don't remember what it was) at the grocery store; it was on the top shelf and they were far enough back, I (at 5'1") couldn't reach it. I tried to find someone to help me, couldn't find anyone. I really needed this, so I went to the customer service desk and asked if someone could please meet me there to help me. The young teenage boy met me there; I told him what I needed and he turned and looked two feet away where there was entire display of the item sitting right there...I told him that if he didn't laugh at me, I would think badly of him. I'm still embarrassed and this was 5 or 6 years ago!

Comment

This happens on a far more regular basis than it should, while I am cleaning the bathrooms...

1) Customer opens the door, which has a BIG sign on it saying 'Cleaning in progress'
        2) Pushes past the huge trolley laden with cloths, chemicals, spare paper rolls etc
        3) Looks at me standing there with a cloth and cleaning spray in my hand
        4) Asks 'Oh, are you cleaning in here?

One day I swear I'm going to reply 'What gave it away? Tell me!'
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth pinky View Post
          I worked at an Arby's once. For anyone who doesn't have one in their town, they are popular for selling Roast Beef. A lady comes through our drive through and asks my CW, "Do you sell Roast Beef?"
          Fun Fact: The name, "Arby's" is meant to be a phonetic spelling of R.B., to stand for 'Roast Beef,' as well as 'Raffel Brothers,' as the company was founded by Forrest and Leroy Raffel.
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Working...
          X