Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-store Woes (Longish)(Ablism)(language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-store Woes (Longish)(Ablism)(language)

It's been fair to long sense the last time I actually posted a thread here, which isn't bad thing per-say. But quick refreshed for everyone, I work graveyards at a c-store, I'm an assistant manager, we have a higher than average ratio of deaf people (calling them hearing impaired is rude) in the area of my store, and I'm semi-fluent in ASL (took a couple classes on it because I wanted to TALK to my customers).

Yes you have to pre-pay for your gas:
    (BG: We're not pre-pay 100% of the time but once it his dark out we go pre-pay only)

CGD- Cranky Gas Douche
    Me-

Time stamp:01:39hrs

Car pulled up guys gets out and after some fussing with the pump my terminal starts dinging at me to authorize it.
    Me: *over the intercom*Welcome to (C-store)! Pump two if you could please either pay outside at your pump or come inside and pre-pay that'd be great!
    CGD: *Gesticulating and yelling at me from outside*
    Me: *Sigh**over the intercom* Pump two we're pre-pay only at this time, I can't start the pumps with out you paying first.
    CGD:*stomps inside* When did you guys fucking start this shit?
    Me: We've always been pre-pay after dark.
    CGD: I came here last night and I didn't have to pre-pay the other girl fucking let me pump first.
    Me: I worked last night, and I'd remember your Pontiac because of the damage along the side. I didn't let you post pay last night. Now do you know how much you want to pump or are you going to keep cussing at me?
    CGD: I should call your manager!
    Me:I'm the assistant manager but if you'd like to talk to my boss he'll be in at six, so you can either go to (competitor) down the road, who is also pre-pay only, or you can buy gas here. I don't care which. But if feel the need to keep swearing at me I will be calling the cops.
    CGD: You fucking little bitch! I should-
    Me: And you're done, *grabs store phone and starts dialing*
    CGD: Fine! Fuck twenty on that pump!*throws a twenty on the counter*
    Me: Yeah, no. You threatened me, you can leave now, without gas and go somewhere else. Buh-bye. *thumb hovering over the send button of the phone*
    CGD: You can go fuck yourself and kiss your job good bye!*snatches his money and storms out.*
    Me: Have a great night!

Yeah, I get mouthy on my graveyards. And yes he did come back to bitch at my boss about me. Boss Man backed me up and told him not come back because he threatened me. I was still there and I waved as left.

The Hearing Impaired Are People To (Ablism skip if it bothers you):
    We've about two dozen or so regulars that are deaf or have problems hearing. They all try and make it into the store when I'm working because I can sign. I've taught my co-workers some basic stuff but not a lot.

ADG: Awesome Deaf Guy (He's one of my favorite customers he comes in and tells us 'You're being to loud, I can hear you down at my place!' and other such silly tings)
    ADGS: Awesome Deaf Guy's Son, perfectly able to hear but still awesome.
    EB: The Evil Bitch
    Me:
    Boss Man: My manger who's awesome

Time stamp 06:31hr

ADG and ADGS where in getting gas and smokes and having a chat with me.

EB: Hey maybe you can quit making silly hand gestures at those two assholes and you know help a paying customer?
    Me: Ma'am I'm helping a customer currently I'll be with you when I've finished with them.
    ADG: *signing* What's wrong?
    ADGS:*signs to his dad* Some lady is being a bitch
    Me:*signs to them*Don't worry about it she'll have to wait.
    EB: Seriously! I'm in a hurry and I need gas and cigarettes! Those two can wait for you to wiggle your fingers at them!
    Me: Ma'am they're in line in front of you, in fact there are two people behind them that are in front of you, the more you complain, the slower I'll go.
    EB:*Huffs*Where's your manager?
    Me:*Points to boss man*
    Boss Man: *to me not to her* So my youngest learned how to wait in line in school this year, what a lovely life lesson she learned that she'll never forget.
    EB:
    ADGS:*quickly translated this to his dad who's cranking up.*
    Me*Finished up their sale*
    ADG: *speaking to EB* You know maybe you should go back to school. Might teach you some manners.
    EB: Fuck you.
    ADG: Dick might fall off. *leaves with his son as I talk the longest possible time to help the two customers in front of her*

Bonus: We where out of her cigarettes and she only hand a hundred and wanted five in gas, I couldn't and wouldn't break it. She left SO mad.

Do NOT pick at my under minions!:
    I do books twice a week, during those days I work from 04:00hrs to 12:00Hrs and am in charge of the store. There is no calling Boss Man on his blessed days off unless something MAJOR is wrong or has happened. Like the store being on fire, he's in charge from bringing the wieners for roasting. Also he calls us his minions, myself being the senior minion.

SC: Needs to learn what no means.
    C: My under minion and BFF outside of work
    Me:

Time Stamp 05:38 hr

C is helping customers while I'm trying to find a money shortage. I didn't hear the start of it because I had my head in the safe looking for missing drop envelopes.

C: Hey Talasar, can you stop for a minute this guy wants to talk to you.
    Me: *sigh* Yeah. *hauls self out of the safe and to my feet* What's going on?
    C: Well he-
    SC:*interrupts her* This girl won't sell me a fifth of Bartons!
    Me: It's not six am yet.
    SC: I don't care I want a fucking bottle and this bitch won't sell to me!
    Me: Yeah well legally we can't, and judging by your behavior even if it was time, I'd say you're well past done for the night.
    SC: The fuck does that mean?
    Me: It means that it appears you've had to much to drink, there for legally we couldn't sell to you anyway. Sorry but we can't help you here.
    SC: It's cause this little bitch said no once already isn't it! I want my bottle.
    Me: Sorry can't help you, if you're not buying anything else you need to leave. Or we'll have to call the cops.
    SC: *leaves swearing all the way*
    C: Hey that drunk didn't spit on you this time, that's like a plus.
    Me: It's cause he hear what happened to the guy that spit on me.
    C: What was that?
    Me: We don't talk about it.

A few months back a drunk spit on me when I would sell him a fifth, I reacted...poorly. I didn't lose my job because he'd assaulted me first but I could have. Considering I grabbed a fist full of his hair and the collar of his shirt tight enough the choke him just a little then bodily threw him not just out of my store but off the property, then told him if he came back I was going to beat him with a tire iron. Then I called the cops, then my boss, then I freaked out. But hey I didn't get in trouble, and will never do that again.

Never put the snarky graveyarder on second shift to train newbies:
    This is back when C was first hired, Boss Man had me train her on second shift.

C: Under minion
    CHG:Crazy Homeless Guy
    Me: I should not be awake before the sun goes done, ever.
    RHD1: Random Helpful Dude Numro Uno
    RHD2: Random Helpful Dude Numro Dos
    Time Stamp 19:10 hrs

It's about half way through our shift and I've just let C go out and smoke.

C:*Coming back inside* Hey Talasar, there's a guy just sitting on the side of our building.
    Me: Okay take over the registers, I'll deal with it. *grabs the store phone and a cigarette of my own and heads outside. Sure enough there's an older gentlemen sitting on a duffle bag on the side of our store.**Light cigarette* Sir, I'm sorry but you can't sit on the side of our building.
    CHG: What are you going to make me leave?
    Me: Well sir if you don't I have to call the cops.
    CHG:*Snorts* Well tell them to bring me a pizza.
    Me: Okay. *Dials the store phone and calls the cops* Hello, this is Talasar at the (C-store) on 1ST and Blah st. I've got a gentlemen that's sitting on the side of my store and refusing to leave. *starts giving details to the dispatcher*
    CHG:*has stood up at this point and gets in my face* You're just another one of those fascist pigs! Argle Bargle *Tin hatter ranting all of three inches from my face*
    Me: He's gotten in my face now. *Boom ice water in my veins because I'm not even stepping back*
    C:
    CHG:*Still ranting*
    RHD1 & RHD2 :*just existed the store as this is happening* Everything alright here?
    CHG:*finally backs off*
    Me: Yeah, the police are on their way. *RHD1 and RHD 2 loiter outside while I finish my smoke and CHG wanders across the parking lot*

The Police showed up a little later I point CHD out and they go talk to him and tell him not to come back over to our C-store.

And Fin.

EB: Fuck you.
    ADG: Dick might fall off.
    <3 Epic! Even better how karma bit her on the ass and she didnt get her cigs or gas.

Comment

Um... yeah... I'm sorry, but if I even attempted some of the things you say you have in your stories, I'd be fired without my superiors even blinking, and I too am a C-Store assistant manager. That said... pre-pay gas person and drunk trying to buy before legal time and after legally drunk can both suck a dick. Just not ADGs, because he's too damn awesome for that!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Ha!! This is great. Overnighters always do get a free ticket to be rougher with the customers because of the clientele they deal with and I have seen overnighters switch to other dayside shifts and have a hard time adjusting... it's a great show to watch mind you, them being snappy and short with dayside customers... but they usually get more complaints. Or full out screaming matches that have to be stopped mid-sunny afternoon. (usually takes a kooky SC combination for that though)

Comment

I have one question.

Are you hiring?

Comment

In my area which is the 'bad' side of town we have to be short with people. Its either that or they'll walk all over us. I know when and where being short and cranky is acceptable but yeah day shifts are hard. Generally Boss Man keeps me away from them because no one likes it. The mad rush of people actually stresses me out now days. That being said none of my complaints have been valid ones meaning no right ups. Boss Man and his bosses know the area requires a firmer hand which is good. Granted the last time I saw Boss Man's boss on my shift he walked in on me and a drunk that just wanted to argue and was roughly twice my size. I got the guy out of the store without anything more then me using the patent 'mom voice' on him. While I'm neither a mother nor old enough to be any of my customers parents sans the very young children I've got a very good mom voice that works with the drunks. That's the voice I used in 99% of the stories I posted.

And An Haddock we're like two people down right now so yes, we're hiring. Lol sadly because of the rough area my store chews through people like no body's business.

Forgive any typos I'm posting from my phone.

Comment

I kind of get away with stuff where I work too.
              People always tell me to find a better job. I just ask them where can I go where I will not get fired for not putting up with a**holes sh*t?
              You give me s*it I give it right back. I have gotten into some really good screaming arguments with some of the a**holes. Had a bunch arrested. ETC. Anywhere else I would have been fired my first week.
              And yes going from night shit (9pm to 7am) to working noon to 11pm on a Sunday is bad. We get rushes where there's like 15 people in the small store at once. I get a few complaints but my boss hardly says a word to me. He drops "hints" to me. Like...

While I work 9pm to 7am we are closed 1am to 5am. I am to restock, clean, and be security during the 4 hours we are closed. One morning I see we have 3 cars in the lot at 4:30 am. I opened the door to dump the mop bucket and they all get out of their cars. I look at them and just say you are 30 minutes early, get off my lot or I call the police for suspicious vehicles in our lot.

A few days later me and the boss are talking and I forget how it came up but he mentioned he hopes no more of his customers get arrested. And that was all that was said.

Or I will do something that I know he won't like and a few days later he will blame it on another co-worker (to me only) and say he wishes he wouldn't do that. Like "I wish Bob wouldn't open the Marb menthol silver 100's and stock them unless a customer asks for them and buys a pack. When I know he knows I opened it and put it up.

Comment

Working...
              X