This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressing Cubans

About 10 minutes into my shift today, a customer calls on the phone and tries to order two pressed cuban sandwiches with jalapenos. (she was getting ready to add another topping when I walked back to my lady boss) I go back to Ms. Ma'm to ask if we allow pressed cuban order's over the phone. She says we don't allow food orders over the phone because we have had too many occasions where we've made something without the customer showing up to get it. (Also, we are a convenience store not a full service restaurant)

I tell the SC that Ms. Ma'm said we don't allow food orders on the phone, and she snaps.

She asks who I am. I tell her. Then she demands to know where boss is cause "he always allows her to order food over the phone." I tell her bosses sister is in charge right now and she said no. She demands to speak to her.

Ms. Ma'm tries to tell her the same thing, and then ends up agreeing to press the sandwiches anyway. When she asks for the toppings however, she says "we are not allowed to touch the food, so you have to put them on yourself."

The SC got her cubans, but Ms. Ma'm ended up with a headache. I guess some people just don't listen.
    “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
    ― Rebecca West

What are these Pressed Cubans you speak of? They sound delicious!

EDIT: Just used Google, if they look anything like This then Sign me up please, I will take 2 dozen.
    Last edited by Sandiercy; 12-23-2013, 04:48 AM.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Lol. they're not made with all the fixings that I'm told they're supposed to have, because they're cheap, but that looks about right.
      “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
      ― Rebecca West

Comment

A well made Cuban sandwich is a gift from the gods. I'm pretty sure at least 10-15 of the extra pounds around my middle are directly related to my weakness for Cuban sandwiches.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

For some reason, the thread title made me think it was going to be about cigars...

Comment

One thing I would love to get is one of the really good panini presses - I like pressed sandwiches. I like many of the normal ingredients in a Cuban, but I like to mess around with my own ingredients. I have a version that a place near her picked up that uses corned beef, smoked turkey ham, spinach and honey mustard [no pickle, I don't like pickles in my sandwiches] that ended up fairly popular. I have a small sandwich press for camping that we use with the wood stove
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

At my last job, my CW would call ahead her order to the fast food place next door so she could quickly walk over, pay for her food, and then walk back. Of course, she had built up a rapport with the staff there over time. I wouldn't expect any random food spot that normally doesn't do call-in orders to do that for me unless they really knew me.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
              X