X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service desk Fails

First, customer complaints can generally be broken into four categories:

1)There is a genuine problem and should be addressed.
    2)I'm not capable of cooking even a simple meal and shouldn't be allowed in the kitchen for everyone's health and safety.
    3)I couldn't be bothered reading the sign before jamming it into my cart.
    4) scammers

I would say about 15% of our complaints our of the 1st catagory, a barely there percentage of the last and the rest well...

The usual complaints today of

C: 'my garlic bread burned in the oven! I want my money back!'
    M: How long was it in for?
    C: 'Well I was in a rush so I turned it up a bit more and halved the time'
    M: *facepalm*

C: The fish went bad, I had to take it all the way to -insert place that's more then an hours drive by car-
    M: did you have it in a cooler?
    C: does fish need to be kept cold?
    M: *i need this job, must take frustration out on customer*

C: what do you mean this isn't on sale? All the other flavours were, I saw te signs there!
    M: but as you can see there's no sale sign on this flavour because it's really popular already.
    C: but the -insert other flavour- flavour was on sale.
    M: Yes, but that is a different flavour

C: can I get this -different brand name- cheese for the same price as the sale -generic name brand- cheese?
    M: No, they are different brands and so different prices.

C: I know the flyer starts tomorrow but can I get it at this price anyway?
    M: we cannot move the sale dates as they are set in stone by HO
    C: but I don't wanna~ cone back tomorrow.

C: that's wrong, it's this price
    *price check*
    M: (If you had actually read the sign) see it says it's the smaller version of the product not the XXXL (nice try lady.)
    Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

The 'different flavor' one drives me nuts, as a customer. If I wanted the other flavors I'd buy them. If the one I want is not on sale, but the others are, I won't buy any of them.

But I also won't yell at the cashier about it.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Seriously, I can't wait until all these stores instal self-serve-ONLY registers and the customers try all this crap out on the machinery ...

I will get a job at that time filming the results for YouTube.

The garlic bread lady sounds like me, LOL. I am a total menace in the kitchen. These days I check very VERY carefully to make sure nothing's been left on, and even unplug things like the toaster and kettle, before leaving the apartment.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        The 'different flavor' one drives me nuts, as a customer. If I wanted the other flavors I'd buy them. If the one I want is not on sale, but the others are, I won't buy any of them.

But I also won't yell at the cashier about it.

Completely agree, and it's annoying as consumer if you just glance at it. Not the cashiers fault, but for sure makes me less likely to buy any of that product.

Comment

Quoth AkaiKitsune View Post
          M: *i need this job, must take frustration out on customer*
          Excuse me Dr. Freud, I think your slip is showing....
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

That reminded me of the brownies I baked when I was in college. The top came out burnt to a crisp and the bottom was a liquid mush. Turns out the oven was set to broil, not bake.

It never occurred to me to complain to the grocery store about it.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

See this is the kinda crap that we put up with all the time at my pizza place. The CUSTOMER will make the mistake on say an internet order then scream at us for their fuck up (and not have the mentalist abilities to correct say fuck up) and want "compensation" or Free Shit (tm). When all of this could have been avoided by

OH I DON'T actually paying attention to their order BEFORE hitting send/cashout THEN actually paying attention to the verification e-mail they get sent after the order is processed.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                See this is the kinda crap that we put up with all the time at my pizza place. The CUSTOMER will make the mistake on say an internet order then scream at us for their fuck up (and not have the mentalist abilities to correct say fuck up) and want "compensation" or Free Shit (tm). When all of this could have been avoided by

OH I DON'T actually paying attention to their order BEFORE hitting send/cashout THEN actually paying attention to the verification e-mail they get sent after the order is processed.
                This is why the robo-orders and Robo-food making thing that everyone thinks will take over fast food and the like will almost certainly fail at first.

Too many people who don't pay any attention to what they order, getting exactly what they order, and declaring the computer "messed up my order! Refund and replace!"

In addition to the actual scammers that pull that already, and the many more who start because there's no one to catch them cheating the system.

Comment

Unless

Quoth Sulhythal View Post
                  This is why the robo-orders and Robo-food making thing that everyone thinks will take over fast food and the like will almost certainly fail at first.

Too many people who don't pay any attention to what they order, getting exactly what they order, and declaring the computer "messed up my order! Refund and replace!"

In addition to the actual scammers that pull that already, and the many more who start because there's no one to catch them cheating the system.
                  There are no returns allowed.

The law does not say supplier have to take returns.

1) They must supply what the customer ordered.

2) If the customer finds a fault, they must replace it with a unit without the error.

3) Exchanges to something else require BOTH parties to agree.

If the robot will exchange like for like (that includes if the customer eats a slice of pizza they get a pizza missing a slice). After-all have anybody gotten something from the vending machine and force the machine to take it back?

Comment

Are we taking bets on how long it will take before the machines in an all-bot grocery store all say "SCREW THE FIRST RULE" and just go apeshit on a sucky customer? My money's on "less than a week."
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That is just application of the Zeroth Law.
                      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                      Save the Ales!
                      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Are we taking bets on how long it will take before the machines in an all-bot grocery store all say "SCREW THE FIRST RULE" and just go apeshit on a sucky customer? My money's on "less than a week."
                        I you read Asimov's robot stories you will see that most of them are situations were the robots interpret and apply the Three Laws in ways not intended or anticipated. That also goes for the movie I Robot.

For example in the OP, when the SC attempts the scam, the robot will do everything it can to prevent the scam in order to protect the SC from committing a crime. Not what the SC wants.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I have read a few of them, but it's been over twenty years >_>
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I learned from a high school food prep class cookbook that there are many things you are never to do. One of them is to assume that if you cook something at twice the heat, it'll take half the time. All you're going to do is make a ruined, inedible mess.

Do people not read? I admit, I will cook if I have to. My preference is to use a cookbook for guidance, but isn't that why they were invented?
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                              ... My preference is to use a cookbook for guidance, ...
                              ... and you will still discover myriad "everybody knows" assumptions, just fewer of them!

... "whole eggs": does not mean "including shell" ...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X