Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, this just occurred to you, did it ....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, this just occurred to you, did it ....

So I was on a closing shift tonight (5-9). I started off at Register #1, then after my break was suddenly shifted to #5 for no particular reason that I could see, and THEN, half an hour before closing, to #3 (because it's the only one that's supposed to accept cash).

So things were already annoying enough, and then, at about five minutes before closing, I get this idiot ... cart overflowing, including five or six clothing items.

I ring through all her groceries and then start on the clothing. I get three items done, and ...

Idiot Customer: "Oh, can you ring through the clothing separately?" For "reasons" (can't remember what her reasons were).

So I void out the three items and we finish with the groceries.

Then ... the register tells me the dollar value of the voided-out items is unacceptably high. I have to go find somebody above me to authorize it.

THEN she can pay for her groceries and THEN I can ring out her damn clothing.

Now, it's not at all unusual for somebody to come up and say they want this item or these items to be paid for separately. It is absolutely not a problem.

But other than this moron, EVERY customer who's had multiple orders has said so early on in the transaction, often before I even start ringing them up.

Apparently Ms. Scatterbrain couldn't get her shit together enough to do that.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

I always tell them at the outset and keep the separate items in the cart sometimes. Or I just use self-checkout. Meanwhile, we have never taken checks but for the liquidation we have signs saying no checks and an older lady pulled out her checkbook. She gets a pass, I guess, because she's gotta be in her 70s. Still, my mom is 69 and would pay attention so idk. Some people just can't process a lot of info. at the same time. I can't always, but I know my limits.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I know when I plan on something to be on a separate card, I put down a divider so it is separate.
      Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Even with putting down a divider, I've had some find out that the stuff beyond the divider is for me as well and *doot*. It's sometimes a real hassle getting some to understand 'separate ticket'. (Evilhomer's former cow-irkers?)

Happily, the vast majority can figure out that I'm trying to make things easy for EVERYONE involved here.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Meanwhile, we have never taken checks but for the liquidation we have signs saying no checks and an older lady pulled out her checkbook. She gets a pass, I guess, because she's gotta be in her 70s.
          tell her the check system is antiquated, obsolete, and has been replaced by ATM cards and that the system no longer takes checks. Point her out to her local bank to go in and withdraw money, or tell her there's a $30 handling fee for checks and she'll have to write a new one. Eventually she'll get the hint.

Comment

How can anyone still write checks for shit in the year 2020? You still watching movies on VHS, too...?

Comment

I still write checks. Mind you, only for bills, so the checkbook always stays at home, and I do use my Debit card for groceries and such.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I also use checks to pay bills by mail. And I have VHS movies I still watch.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I use checks also. No debit card attached to the account.

Comment

I use checks to pay bills, but the bank actually writes them. There are a couple of places we use that don't take plastic, so we have to use actual personal checks for them. But they are a real minority.

That reminds me, I need to call one of them...
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
                    X