This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say what you mean!

Grrr, yet another customer who thinks I speak retardese. Had this customer who asked for cashback; he wanted £20, in 2 fivers and 10 pound coins. My understanding wasn't helped by his wife who seemed unable to understand me when I gave them information on the money situation in the till; ie, when I said there weren't any fivers left, she kept butting in saying, "I said, we want 2 fivers." Just what part of "I have no fivers" are you finding hard to grasp?

Anyway, finally it seemed to sink in and the bloke says, "In that case, just gimmie a tenner." I put the transaction thru and handed him his receipt cards and tenner... then, his wife again had to butt in, saying, "I told you, we wanted 2 fivers and 10 pound coins!" Uh, no you didn't; your husband told me he wanted just a tenner... and I've already told you that I have no fivers you stupid bitch!

Finally, the idiots left, grumbling about how they'd go to *other supermarket* in future... hopefully they really mean it and aren't just saying that to get my hopes up.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Haven't seen them since... here's having fingers crossed that they did in fact mean it!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Apparently that lady only knows one phrase in English. I don't think I've ever had a customer insist on a specific denomination after being told twice that I'm all out, let alone repeatedly. ::sigh::
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
      X