This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voyage of Teresa.

That's my car, by the way, but this has nothing to do with that. Just work, as usual.

Overheard at Work

"He's an ugly cute guy! He's so ugly, he's cute!"

No, I have no idea what they were talking about but damn.

uh...Did You Miss the Sign?

We're sold out and thus have a sign that says "No Vacancies" taped to the door. Gentleman walks in with his suitcase. At this point we have two reservations left and no other rooms available for nearly a week. Before I can say anything, the gent says "Hold on" and disappears again, bringing in two more suitcases from his vehicle. He is quickly followed by who I assume is his wife, also with two suitcases in tow.

Me:
    DG (dumb gent) : I'd like a room for a week please.
    Me: ...Do you have a reservation?
    DG: No.
    Me: ....we don't have any vacancy.
    DG: Why didn't you tell me sooner?!

DG storms off, gets all the way out to his vehicle before he stomps back in for his stuff.

I Don't Like You!!

Mr Crankypants checks in and immediately checks out. Why? Well, he's a regular so he gets special treatment. He has his favourite room on the third floor that he MUST ALWAYS GET. fine I can deal with this. However, over the weekend it would seem someone smoked in his room (it's a non-smoking room) so he begrudgingly moved to another.
    But Gosh, golly, gee whiz! That has a QUEEN bed in it, NOT his precious KING! I refuse to stay here!
    Mr Crankypants then gets huffy, grabs his bags and leaves while I'm stuck with a on my face.

For the record, no one smoked in the room. I went and checked myself.

The Mysterious Light

For some weird reason the lights in <room> won't turn off. All the light switches have been tried (and subsequently lead to other lights) but to no avail.
    Usually... it's the other way around... where the lights DON'T work.....

Random Phone Calls

SC: Is this Papa Johns?
    SC: Hello? Long John Silvers?
    SC: Is lil' Eric there?

Maybe when hell freezes over...

Gent comes over to the desk with some numbers and his name written on a card. This is his FEMA Number so I typed it into the database to check if he's there and to check him in (at this point, a lady canceled so I was stuck with an empty room! GAH!).
    Oh Noooooes! He doesn't show up in the system so I tell him this and then we have this lovely exchange:

Me: The loverly Evil One.
    D: Dingus. (this word has stuck in my head all day)

D: Well, do you have any rooms available for tonight you can give me?
    Me: Coincidently, someone canceled. It'll be <rate> plus tax.
    D: That's too much.... can't you just give it to me?
    Me: .......you mean for free?
    D: Just for tonight. No one will now.
    Me: Yes they will. I'll get fired if I give you a room for free.
    D: No one would have to know!
    Me: Yes they will.
    D: Just don't tell them.
    Me: They'll find out when they run the Audit and see that nice zero dollar sign.
    D: ......
    Me: ........ (staring contest of doom, huh? Well, you're in for a shock pal! I'm the best there is!)
    D: You can't just give us a room?
    Me. NO.

Dingus slinks off to pout elsewhere.

No, no rest for the wicked. All this was just yesterday!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    The Mysterious Light

For some weird reason the lights in <room> won't turn off. All the light switches have been tried (and subsequently lead to other lights) but to no avail.
    Usually... it's the other way around... where the lights DON'T work.....
    Had I not seen 1408, that wouldn't be so freaky, but ZOMG RUN SAMUEL L JACKSON'S GONNA GET YOU FROM THE MINI-FRIDGE!

*hugs and offers cookies*

Someone's got to offer you cookies, you know.
    Marvin: "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and they ask me to take you down to the bridge. Call that job satisfaction? 'Cos I don't."

Krispy Kreme puts the "ugh" back in "doughnuts".

Comment

Me: They'll find out when they run the Audit and see that nice zero dollar sign.

:
      oh yes we would... and scarily that wouldn't be the worst that I've found... I've before found employees that have PAID the guest to stay at the hotel... they did a rate adjustment for a comp room (for a bullshit reason IMO, but it was management approved), the computer automatically refunded the credit card... then the desk person REFUNDED the card AGAIN... so we PAID the guest one night room and tax to stay

I also love the people who use the argument "but it will just sit empty anyway"

why yes... I rather hope so because if I do rent it out we will have to pay the housekeepers overtime... if I can't sell it for full price I'd rather have it sit empty.

eta
      Quoth TheComputerError View Post
      Someone's got to offer you cookies, you know.
      I'll match your cookies and raise you an Astro Burger and Fries, to go
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

You and your nasty fast food burgers. I'll take the cookies any day.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Me: The loverly Evil One.
          D: Dingus. (this word has stuck in my head all day)

D: Well, do you have any rooms available for tonight you can give me?
          Me: Coincidently, someone canceled. It'll be <rate> plus tax.
          D: That's too much.... can't you just give it to me?
          Me: .......you mean for free?
          D: Just for tonight. No one will now.
          Me: Yes they will. I'll get fired if I give you a room for free.
          D: No one would have to know!
          Me: Yes they will.
          D: Just don't tell them.
          D: ......
          Me: ........ (staring contest of doom, huh? Well, you're in for a shock pal! I'm the best there is!)
          D: You can't just give us a room?
          Me. NO.

Dingus slinks off to pout elsewhere.

No, no rest for the wicked. All this was just yesterday!
          That's got a good shot at being the Stupid Request of the Year.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

That's my car, by the way, but this has nothing to do with that. Just work, as usual.
            What an absolutely beautiful name!!!
            If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Overheard at Work

I've used that when talking about dogs. Think Boxers, and those little bug eyed black and white things.
              Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

The little bug-eyed black and white things are Boston terriers.
                What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
                  The little bug-eyed black and white things are Boston terriers.
                  Beat me to it. I was going to say, my aunt and uncle at one point had two boxers, two Boston terriers, and two dogs who's breed I can't remember anymore (medium-size, with short gray and black fur and curled tails).
                  » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Actually, I think they were talking about a movie star because they had previously been talking about horror movies.

Comment

Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                      Beat me to it. I was going to say, my aunt and uncle at one point had two boxers, two Boston terriers, and two dogs who's breed I can't remember anymore (medium-size, with short gray and black fur and curled tails).
                      Probably Pugs, maybe french bulldogs (except Frenchies don't have tails. Oops)
                      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth Part-Time Parrothead View Post
                        Probably Pugs, maybe french bulldogs (except Frenchies don't have tails. Oops)
                        No, they look almost like a Shiba Inu, except the colors are wrong.
                        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Overheard at Work

They were totally talking about me.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

@Broom: *blinkblinkblink*

Comment

@Broom: *blinkblinkblink*

:rofl:
                              So you're saying I'm not ugly enough to be cute?
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X