Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just can't wrap my head around this one...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't wrap my head around this one...

This boggles my mind. Tonight a woman comes through my lane and hands me a Pepsi and tells me that she doesn't want it any more. The thing is, she was standing right next to the cooler she got it from. The cooler is RIGHT THERE AT THE LANE. Why the hell would she hand it to me? So I end up waiting for a slow spell to walk all the way around and stick it back in the cooler myself. That's like the people who leave them sitting ON TOP of the cooler with the damn door open. I just....no.
    Last edited by Despina83; 12-27-2008, 06:21 AM.

the weird one I've been getting lately is taking a drink out of the cooler, drinking a sip of it, and then leaving it on top of the cooler and walking away.
    and then they get confused when I make them pay for it

Comment

It's as bad as the folks who try on a coat from a rack, the first item on the rack no less, and then hang the coat by it's collar on the end of the rack, rather than put it back on it's hanger.....I mean, hanger tech is not that hard to grasp....
      I no longer fear HELL.
      I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Quoth videodrone View Post
        the weird one I've been getting lately is taking a drink out of the cooler, drinking a sip of it, and then leaving it on top of the cooler and walking away.
        Ewwwww! That's gross. I mean okay, I'm not buying a bottle that's clearly been opened and sitting on top of the cooler anyway, but obviously they think I will! YUK!

Comment

Or the morons who, upon deciding they don't want an item, instead of putting it back on the shelf WHERE IT BELONGS, they have to put it either on the shelf above or the shelf below???

I mean, you're already in the right ballpark . . you couldn't move your arm and hand down(or up) one more shelf? Was it too much to ask? Did it hurt your arm to do that widdle one?
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

When I was on cashiering, I would always try to catch people doing that, and ask politely if they could simply hand the item to me instead of stuffing it somewhere.

Especially cold things.

They'd respond with, "there's already stuff put here."

Well, obviously somebody has to clean that up later, why would you make it more difficult?

Guess who would clean it up? Me, and then I'd bring it to the service desk and have to sort it all out.

Comment

I haven't dealt with that with drinks but software boxes. Just today I was helping a customer pick out a print-shop type program. Every time he'd pick up a box, he'd set it down in a spot with an out-of-stock tag. I'd pick it up and put it back in front of the other identical boxes. He did this THREE times while I was talking to him. His wife noticed and appologized each time. After they left I noticed one of the boxes was moved AGAIN. I wondered if he did it on purpose.

Comment

Products out of place was a big gripe of mine, but more so was randomly placed trash in the shelves. Food trash, mind you, that would melt or sweat or decompose or whatever, and get all over the books, effectively ruining them for anyone. A half eaten ice cream cone??* ARGH! Just ask me for a trash can, you simpleton!

*it was on high enough a shelf that I know it wasn't done by a child, either.
                "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth Snowbird View Post
                  *it was on high enough a shelf that I know it wasn't done by a child, either.
                  Maybe it was three children standing in a stack?

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                    Maybe it was three children standing in a stack?
                    You know, from the unsupervised antics I've seen from the kids in the store, that wouldn't surprise me in the least.
                    "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Quoth videodrone View Post
                      My mother does this.

She'll pour a drink, take a sip, then walk away and forget about it, to the point where she will have half a dozen almost entirely full glasses of diet coke sitting on the counter, all flat and warm. Then she'll complain about all the soda being flat and requests that I buy more.

I figure out of an entire 2L bottle she actually drinks maybe 300ml. I've even tried cans. Open can, take a sip, set can down and forget it. Even the mini-cans! Same deal.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                        I figure out of an entire 2L bottle she actually drinks maybe 300ml. I've even tried cans. Open can, take a sip, set can down and forget it. Even the mini-cans! Same deal.
                        Maybe you should try a shot glass? Or maybe one of those sippy helmets...

That would drive me insane, all of that waste.

Comment

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                          She'll pour a drink, take a sip, then walk away and forget about it, to the point where she will have half a dozen almost entirely full glasses of diet coke sitting on the counter, all flat and warm. Then she'll complain about all the soda being flat and requests that I buy more.
                          I wonder whether there are space aliens somewhere that can be burned by diet coke.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised, given how acidic it is.

Comment

Quoth Despina83 View Post
                              This boggles my mind. Tonight a woman comes through my lane and hands me a Pepsi and tells me that she doesn't want it any more. The thing is, she was standing right next to the cooler she got it from. The cooler is RIGHT THERE AT THE LANE. Why the hell would she hand it to me? So I end up waiting for a slow spell to walk all the way around and stick it back in the cooler myself. That's like the people who leave them sitting ON TOP of the cooler with the damn door open. I just....no.
                              At least the customer didn't tattle on you for this. I had this one wench one time who hung a shirt on a hanger on the edge of a shoe dept shelf while I was helping her, and as she went away she left the clothes there. I politely asked her if she wanted the shirt anymore, and she nicely said "Oh...no I don't." Needless to say, 10 minutes later all of my coworkers are coming up to me asking me why I cussed out this customer, and of course I was like "." Come to find out, she, while checking out, got a manager and said I called her names and told her to put it back herself. I went right to the manager and she told me she didn't believe the wench at all because she knows I wouldn't do that. Too bad I didn't see the wench again, I would've told her that her plans were foiled!

BTW, I was amused that she lied and said I told her to put it back where she found it, she must've realized what she did to even say that! Most SCs put crap in the wrong place and don't even make the mental note they have done it.

"In cases of customer bathroom emergencies, the toilet itself becomes less of a goal and more of a loose suggestion." - Shamus

Comment

Working...
                              X