X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAC (Day after Christmas or Boxing Day) Suck

Sooo...

After a nice, enjoyable day off for Christmas, back to work. All in all, not terrible but one outstanding SUCK just threw my day into the shitter.

I'm in my shop, explaining the differences between X jacket and Y jacket to a female customer so she can decide what she wants when suddenly, I feel my arm grabbed, and I'm basically 'spun around' to face SC.

SC: I GOT OVERCHARGED!!!eleventy!
    Me: I'm sorry, sir. How can I help?
    SC: **shoves a pair of socks and a receipt in my face** These socks are on sale for $6.99. I got charged $8.99!!!!eleventyzillion!
    Me: **where's that darkening clouds smiley when I need it?** Okay, Sir. Sorry about the overcharge. Just head to customer service, let them know and they'll take care of it.
    SC: WWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTT? Can't you take care of it?
    Me: **note that I am nowhere near the cash stands - we have them at the store entrances** I'm sorry sir, I'm with a customer, but if you head to customer service, they'll take care of you right away. **additional note, I'm not a cashier, and our customer service is busy, but not long lines at this point**
    SC: That's RIDICULOUS!!!!! YOU MADE THE MISTAKE, YOU FIX IT!!!! eleventyquadrillion!!!!!!
    Me: **brain to mouth filter failure due to customer laying his hands on me to begin with** NO, SIR. I will not. I didn't ring you up incorrectly. Customer service will take care of this. Or would you like me to call my manager over and explain what happened? **with a tone in my voice indicating I *would* let my manager know this douchebag got my attention my whipping my around like a naughty 3 year old**
    SC: ... No! **wanders off complaining**
    Me: **turns back to original customer** I'm sorry about that, Ma'am.
    Original customer: It's okay. You handled that well.
    Me: Thank you Ma'am. Which jacket did you like?

Okay, fellow retailers. Please share your tales of DAC suck!
    Just to cut off any helpful suggestions: This woman was not blind, nor disabled. She was just a bitch. - Boozy

The people that think it's OK to touch someone else....ugh.

I had an old man one time GRAB my underarm when I was putting out baked goods (I worked in a grocery store in the bakery section), in order to complain to me about the amount of fruit that were in our turnovers.

You should've seen the look I gave him as I wrenched my arm from his death grip, and proceeded to tell him that our turnovers come in frozen and we had nothing to do with it.

What a jerk, you certainly did handle it well.

Comment

That SC should have counted his blessings that either A: you don't have siblings that provoke a visceral and aggressive response at every opportunity, or B: you haven't gotten to the 'reflex action' effect with martial arts.

I'm in Category A, and the last time a SC tried to grab me, they ended up sitting on the floor with a handprint mid-chest from where I had reflexively shoved.

(I had warned my boss beforehand that I was edgy about people putting their hands into my personal bubble, so I was not disciplined, per se; was just given a bottle of water to cool down with, and assigned to stock duty, which i enjoyed, for the rest of the shift.)

Comment

I think my initial reaction, while at work anyway, would be to scream loudly. That would immediately draw people to me, and be better than my out of work response to swing for him. -.- I hate even close relatives touching me without permission, let alone strangers.

As for DAC stories; I go back to work tomorrow, so I'll get back to you then. X_x
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I have none.

*ducks the cans, old shoes and rotten tomatoes*
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            I have none.

*ducks the cans, old shoes and rotten tomatoes*
            I don't have any boxing day stories either! / hides
            But when someone comes up behind me, I turn around and tell the customer not to sneak up behind me like that. It's only sheer politeness that keeps me from putting someone in an armbar. People, tell me if you are behind me!
            "Otherwise you are free to keep putting your hope in leprechauns, horseshoes and unicorn farts."-Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
              That SC should have counted his blessings that either A: you don't have siblings that provoke a visceral and aggressive response at every opportunity, or B: you haven't gotten to the 'reflex action' effect with martial arts.

I'm in Category A, and the last time a SC tried to grab me, they ended up sitting on the floor with a handprint mid-chest from where I had reflexively shoved.

(I had warned my boss beforehand that I was edgy about people putting their hands into my personal bubble, so I was not disciplined, per se; was just given a bottle of water to cool down with, and assigned to stock duty, which i enjoyed, for the rest of the shift.)
              ditto. my brother knows tong su do (dunno if i spelled it right) and i know how to flip people. add that to how i don't like strangers touching me and...yeah

Comment

Working...
              X