X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because you're old, doesn't give you the right to talk down to someone

Ok Thank God this customer wasn't mine.

Old lady comes in and asks for a sugar donut, so my co-worker points to the sugar raised donut and asks if that's the donut she wants. She replies no, she wants the donut on the corner. (The apple and spice donut) He says, "This one?" and she takes it. She then comes back with the bag saying something like, "How can you give me this? How can you do this especially to a senior citizem? Don't you understand English? You need to learn to speak American? (Note: My co-worker wasn't born in the U.S., he was born in Bangladesh.) I took the bag and I saw the apple and spice donut. I thought he gave her something really bad. The funny part of this story is, she ends up again taking the apple and spice donut and she said she wanted to write a complaint against my co-worker. What an old hag. Maybe she had Alzheimer's or something, but there was no need to insult my co-worker like that.

Guh?

*Blinks*

*Takes a LOT of aspirin*

....if she's not going to eat that apple and spice donut.....
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

WTF

Sadly, it's people like that who give all senior citizens a bad name.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

The only thing I fear when I get old is becoming a SC.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I don't think this had anything to do with age, she was just a raging a-hole and used her years on this earth as a means to cover up racist commentary.

I work p/t at a big box retail grocery/department store. One of my fellow cashiers is from Egypt and works there p/t (he's an accountant by trade) only to help improve his English skills. He checked a woman through, then assisted by putting her bags into her shopping cart. He didn't have to do this, mind you, he was being nice. Anyhoo, this woman went off the deep end accusing him of "touching her" and how dare he and he should go back to his country and they're terrorists and blargle blargle. Here's the thing. He's on camera. He did NOT touch her. Just another means to rile people up and hide the fact you're a racist.

And on a management suck situation, they suspended him while they "investigated" because this woman made such a raging big deal out of nothing. As I said, there was video evidence proving it was a false accusation, yet he was still suspended. Then the suspension lengthened to a few weeks because they were still "investigating". This, frankly, makes me pretty damn mad. I understand they want to cover their asses, but really. Fortunately I recently saw him in the store, so I know he came back.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

From experience older people will either be the nicest people ever or the biggest SC's/EW's who think they don't need to wait in lines, actually pay for the entire order (i.e. bill comes to $45.28, they think $40.00 is fine), treat other customers nicely (i.e. take items out of their carriages in front of them) and other things.

Comment

sugar donut = glazed donut?

(now I want an apple and spice donut.....)

Comment

Quoth tinamarble88 View Post
                She then comes back with the bag saying something like, "How can you give me this? How can you do this especially to a senior citizem? Don't you understand English? You need to learn to speak American?
                "How can you call an apple and spice donut a sugar donut? How can you do this especially when there's a sign on the bin clearly marking which donut it is? Don't you understand English? You need to learn to read."
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What she wanted

Quoth Bramblerose View Post
                  sugar donut = glazed donut?

(now I want an apple and spice donut.....)
                  I think what she wanted was a 'powdered sugar' donut, but been a SC she could neither admit that she made a mistake in choosing the Apple n' Spice. Nor could she clearly state in the beginning what she really wanted in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                  X