Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When someone starts spouting off to me in some foreign language I don't understand, I want to (so bad), just start popping off some phrases in German or Japanese.
    But would they notice?
    Would I be able to keep a straight face?
    Will I ever do it?
    hmmmm.......

WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      I know how to say "kiss my ass" in Gaelic and I've used "sassenach" on a couple of English people who were being total pendejos. And I do pretty good with insulting people in Scots!
      Actually, "sassenach" jsut means Englishman....I don't think anyone would be deeply insulted by being called a sassenach. Its like calling a Scotsman a Jock or a Sweaty* - more a friendly term of abuse than an offensive term.

*Sweaty Sock = rhyming slang for Jock, i.e Scotsman. Much used in the rugby world.
      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
      - Dave Barry

Comment

D'ere's a difference between French and Quebecois? TABARNACK!

Comment

I speak a little French, enough to order beer or tell someone to f off, but not really enough to hold a conversation. Which means huge frustration when in summer all these French fruit pickers stop off at the supermarket, sending the least able to speak English person to my till, and then getting mad cuz I don't speak French. If I were in France, I would at least try to speak the language; dunno why people can't do the same over here.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

On second thought, this sounds like a topic better left to http://www.fratching.com/

Let's take the discussion over there, shall we?
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
            X