Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mother is 82 years old, and loves her computer. She did have a problem with her cable service recently, and tried to call in to her provider to solve it. Unfortunatly, their response was that she should go to a particular website and follow the directions posted there.
    Well, she just could not figure out what to do, as the site used terms she was not familiar with, so she called me.
    I got my fiance, who works with computers for a living, and it took him quite a while to fix the problm. (he had to call in to the service center too, but at least understood what the tech was talking about.)
    It turned out to be a glitch that reset her password to what the original tech had first set it at, back when she first got the service. Lucky she had it written down ! My fiance reset her passwords to something she (and he!) could remember, and all was cool.
    My mom (and my guy) were both polite to the tech, but it did take a bit of time to get the problem solved.
    So....tho my mom does not always understand the technology involved, I'm really glad she has the computer as a contact with the world. It helps her keep in touch with everyone in the family, and keeps her mind sharper than it might now be otherwise.
    To all you phone service folks, I say a big 'thank you' for helping out the old people whenever they might call. I know it is frustrating, but believe me, it is worth it to those of us who have older relatives!
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

Working...
    X