X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bet i could have sued her

ok, here's a good one.

a while back when i was still sales on the floor, a customer approached me about something that wasn't in my department. now while i could have been like everyone else i woulda said "that's not my department i can't help you" i was like "ok i'll give it a shot!" cause i try to, oh, i don't know, be decent. anyway, so i help her out, explaining to her several times that i don't know much about the product that she was asking about but i would give it my best shot. so eventually it gets to the end, she's impatient but doesn't say much and we're finished. finally. so i tell her to have a nice night and she checks out and is gone. well, about oh, i'd said 45 minutes later she comes back in furious. first she starts by telling me off. informing me that the headphones (those wireless ones for the tvs and such) required a certain adapter and i did not tell her about it and she drove a whopping 10 miles to get home, discover this and drive back. (i don't get the big deal about that anyway, it's not like she had to walk it uphill both ways in the snow with bad knees >>) well, i politely reminded her that i had said several times i wasn't familiar with that product, but i'd get someone who knew. (the reason i didn't earlier was because they were all busy and there weren't when she returned) she's still standing there impatiently mumbling at me when a fellow associate walks over to us. he begins to help us and we walk over to some adapters. now, here comes the kicker. when he hands her the adapter she starts telling him about how poorly i had helped her and i didn't know what i was doing, blah blah. eventually she turns to me, with a rolled up newspaper ad of ours and she says hitting me in the face with it several times "and i had to drive 20 miles because you were wrong!!"

now....it didn't hurt. not at all. but i want you to imagine, already being on the defensive by being b****** out by this person, but then she smacks you in the face with a rolled up paper like your her dog. D (fellow associate) just stands there in shock, eyes wide watching me. i was so angry i just turned and walked away from her, what kept me from hitting her? i have nooooo idea. i didn't want to get arrested i guess. >> i just went to the break room and took my anger out on the poor chairs and tables. well, on the plus side, D purposely gave her the wrong adapter and sent her on her way.
    Working in retail kills your faith in humanity. --professor at TTU

I would have, at the very least, grabbed that paper out of her hand and told her off, and told her to leave the store, and she wasn't welcomed back, ever. It doesn't matter if you had the management authority to ban her, just tell her she's banned and she needs to leave now if you see her again.

Comment

That right there would have been a deal breaker for me.

Either management would have thrown her out or I would have quit that job. A manager that would allow that would allow anything.

Seriously, I really don't know how you avoided punching her right in the throat. I am not certain I would have been able to.

That's just...unbelivable.

Comment

I would have had her arrested, and banned.

Give her two for the price of one!

Comment

She wasn't thrown out and/or arrested why? No one should be able to get away with smacking you with anything.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Slightly off topic,

I have asthma and every once in awhile I get short of breath and i have to breathe deeply. Like during stressful situations. (For most people to understand this, I tell them to try to breathe through a straw).

One time back in the deli, we were extremely busy and I was getting short of breath. I waited on this lady who was complaining about everything in the store, like she owned the place. So she tells me what she wants and I walk over to get it out of the case, then all hell broke loose. Since I couldn't get my inhaler, I just took a deep breath before lifting this block of lunch meat.

The SC looked at me and said, "Don't act like that, that's what my dog does."

WTF...so I informed her that I have asthma and I couldn't get my inhaler. She later encounters the store manager and told him I made the whole asthma thing up! So the manager comes back and tries to have a talk with me, siding with this total bitch.

I put him in his place a couple of days later when I walked in with a doctor's statement explaining my condition. But he never apologized...I guess I expected too much.
            --AmericanZero8503--
            Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Seen on a webcomic that was inspired by a real life event, a guy was dealing with a SC who got so mad that he threw a full milkshake (that was too thick for his taste) on the guy behind the counter. The SC demanded a manager then demanded that the assoc get fired. The manager stated that while the assoc was employed that he was restrained from retaliating for the milkshake assult.

Were he to be fired, there would be no fear of losing his job preventing him from leaping over the counter and beating the SC to a gooey mass in the floor.

The SC realizing the size of the assoc relented and left quietly.

As for your asshole, I'd have called my friend who is a lawyer and sued this [censored] for the assult.
              Mongo
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I agree with Sandman about having her arrest and thrown out. There is no way anyone should do something like that to you.

Comment

Quoth icia
                  well, on the plus side, D purposely gave her the wrong adapter and sent her on her way.
                  That was awesome. I would have told her to buy batteries and a special TV for the headphones to work.

Comment

Grab the paper, and tell her "Get out of here. If you ever come back, I will phone the police."

That is assault, pure and simple, and no manager can fire you for retailiating to that.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

While I was working at Kinko's, I had a time I was on a drug that caused some physical problems for me. While I did not have cancer, it was a type of low-grade chemo that caused, among other things, sudden sweats, shortness of breath, and faintness. A couple times I had to excuse myself from a customer, and fortunately, nobody complained.

If they had, I would have "suddenly become unable to help them at all", making it so they would have waited till someone else could come to their help. I was ready for that crap.

Comment

I would have ripped that paper out of her hand! Anybody can say whatever they want about me or to me, but if they start touching me (or God Forbid hitting me!) I will not stand for that. In no world is it considered okay to hit an employee in the face because they made a mistake! If anyone should have been treated like a dog it should been her. Did you have a spray bottle handy? Could you have sprayed her in the face and said, "No!"?
                        Love is admiration without envy, familiarity without contempt, and chocolate without asking.

Comment

What on Earth makes people think that it's all right to HIT other people? She should've been banned, for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire
                            Seen on a webcomic that was inspired by a real life event, a guy was dealing with a SC who got so mad that he threw a full milkshake (that was too thick for his taste) on the guy behind the counter. The SC demanded a manager then demanded that the assoc get fired. The manager stated that while the assoc was employed that he was restrained from retaliating for the milkshake assult.
                            Mongo
                            Absurd Notions? In the comic within a comic, Biff! ?
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Not long after returning from RVN I had a cow-irker lay hands upon me while we were working on the cutting room floor. I had him ham-stringed and the boning knife to his throat before others pulled me off. My defense was PTSD and I was never charged nor fired, cow-irker on the otherhand still limps to this day.
                              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                              X